VEGAS danger

Options
Well my vacation to Vegas and Chicago starts on June 6th. I'm taking my exercise gear so I can sneak in cardio or yoga, BUT, I'm wondering what tips does everyone have for not overeating/overdrinking? Its kind of hard to get up at 6 am if I will be partying until 3 am for some exercise:drinker:

I don't want to just forget about working out because my energy level will drop, combined with potential bad foods and drinks. i need all the motivation:yawn:

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I understand your pain!! :laugh: :laugh: I was in Vegas for a week about 2 wks ago. I did not drink as much, which was surprising to me. :noway: I thought my husband and I would be drinking and eating much more than we did. I dont know how old you are but do you really need to do that much drinking to have fun? :laugh: Just try to set limits for yourself. Are you drinking a lot now? If you are not just try to do the same over there. You can still have lots of fun. I saw so many people so drunk on the streets and bars, day and night, that it was truly sad. If you hit the buffets, sample just a little bit of everything you want to eat and if it is not to your liking leave it on your plate, don't eat it. Then go back and try something else. We ate at one buffet every day we were there and that was my strategy. I never felt like I could barely walk after leaving the buffet. We ate light for the other meals. I drank tons of water and we did tons of walking, day and night. I did not take any exercise gear because one of the main purposes to being there was to spend time with my husband and I knew he wouldnt be too happy about me taking off to the gym. :laugh: The walking was pretty intense so that was my daily exercise. Have a great time!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    It's a week give or take.....don't give up fun on vacation. I'm not suggesting you go and pig out, but really, one week won't kill you.

Most hotels have a gym, so try to hit the gym when you can and make sure you eat at least one or two healthy meals each day, but don't worry too much if you eat badly or can't exercise every day. You've still gotta have some fun in your life.

I was on vacation last week.....didn't really go anywhere except to my boyfriend's parent's house because they were out of town so we housesat and watched their dogs. Being out of my normal routine, eating out a few times and being around food that I normally wouldn't keep in my house resulted in me going over every day and I gained about 3 pounds since my last weigh in.

But ya know what, I had a great week, it's only 3 pounds which is small in comparison to how much I've lost and still want to lose, and it was nice to eat what I wanted and have fun. This week I was more than ready to get back to my routine of eating well, so my week off didn't ruin me.

Have fun!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Dance more than drink! :drinker:
  • vickster82
    vickster82 Posts: 108
    Options
    im 26 and not a heavy drinker. i like red wine above everything. BUT i do consume on average 3 cocktails on nights of dancing. and yes, i can dance for hours! the danger comes in when I have about 2 drinks. i loose my ability to control what i eat and want to drink more. i know, typical. well thanks for all the advise. i definitely don't care for being drunk, i just want to get into a little fun. :glasses:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    See, you already know your limits. Have your 2 drinks, dance the night away and resist the temptation to go eat something at 4am when you leave the club. :laugh: Just go straight to your hotel so you can rest and re-energize for the next day!!! :drinker: Of course you will have lots of fun!!!!!!! Don't worry so much about it. Enjoy!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: