morning or night?

Options
Is it better to do your workout routine in the morning or at night? I think in the morning because it gives you more energy throughout the day. But then again at night you have to burn off the calories that you at during the day before you go to bed. I'm confused.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Whenever you feel it's better and less likely to be interrupted is when you should workout. There is no benefit from doing it at one time over another.
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'd say whenever you're most motivated to do it! The one caveat would be not too exercise too hard too soon before bed or it might be hard to get to sleep. For me, when I exercise in the morning I feel more energetic throughout the day, but sometimes I'm too sleepy and do an evening workout, and that works fine, too.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I dont know if one time is better than another. I prefer to work out in the morning but most days I have to wait until after work at night. I have not seen any different benifits one way or the other based on time of day.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Whenever you can fit it into your schedule. I'd say there is a definite advantage to doing it in the morning because you are less likely to get derailed by things that might pop up unplanned and also it will be off you mind. As far as burning the calories you ate during the day...that's a myth...you will burn the same amount of calories either way. All that said, I usually work out in the evenings because I have a hard time getting my lazy butt up early enough to do it before work. But I am trying to change that...
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it after i get home from work. Recently I have been having a hard time falling asleep. I believe it is due to this. I am not a morning person but I would like to start getting up and exercising in the morning. I have done this before, but that was like 10-11 years ago. eeeeekkk!!