Calorie Help.... do you up calories on non-workout days?

Options
I just started to eat back my exercise calories a few days ago and today is my day off from the gym. Do I still up my calories on non-workout days?

I'm so confused now on how many calories to eat per day. I'm all over the place and feeling overwhelmed with all the information available.

i'm 30 yrs old, 5'4, 170 pounds. looking to lose 25-30 pounds.

Please help! :)

Replies

• lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    If you set up your numbers correctly in MFP, it will tell you exactly how many calories you should be eating. Log everything you eat and all your exercise, and the numbers go up and down accordingly. :)
  • KCharron20
    KCharron20 Posts: 105
    Options
    No. Right now MFP has you set at 1400 calories per day. That is what you'll eat on a non-workout day. On a workout day you'll eat your 1400 calories plus your exercise calories.
  • kvigo821
    kvigo821 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't even know if my goals are correctly setup. I keep changing it because i don't know how many calories i should be eating.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    To start, keep it simple. Enter your information (height, current weight, etc) in the goals section. Probably a 1 pound per week weight loss is good for you, since you only want to lose 35 pounds. Then let MFP calculate your goals for you. Give that a shot for a month or two and see how it goes. After you've been using the site for a while, you will probably recognize if you need to make changes. When you get closer to your goal (and to maintenance), most people decrease their loss per week to only .5 pounds.

Best of luck to you! :)
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If you don't work out, then there is nothing to eat back, right? On the food tab, look at the bottom at the "Remaining" line. If you have logged your exercise and food, then this is the number of calories you need to eat. If you had no exercise to log, then this is still the number of calories you need to eat.

Hope this helps.
  • bugnsamsmom
    bugnsamsmom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You set your weight-loss goal (how many pounds per week you want to lose). MFP suggests 1 pound per week. Enter all your personal information. Nothing else...MFP will give you, what I'll call, your base calories. At this point you just enter the foods you've eaten and any exercise you've done for the day. MFP will do the math for you. When you lose weight, enter that and MFP will adjust for you. Couldn't be easier...