Easter Basket advice!! Guys too- please help!

Options
carriem73
carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
OK, so this will be the 4th Easter my husband and I have spent together.

Year 1, we each made baskets for each other and boght little presents.

Year 2, same thing

Year 3, we said we would not do anything big for each other, since we were going on a cruise- I made him a small one anyway, and he felt guilty that he didn't do the same for me...

This Year- Year 4- we have not even mentioned baskets to each other- I have been saving several boxes of his favorite Girl Scout cookies for his basket... Question is- do I give him a basket and take the chance that he will not have one for me, which will prompt him to feel guilty again, or not give him anything and then feel bad myself if he does in fact get me a basket... I am totoally ok if he doesn't get me anything- I just love giving him special gifts- but I don't want hurt feelings on his side!

THOUGHTS???

Replies

• sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    What if you bring the boxes out on Easter and say, "Look what I got for us!" He'll think you really did get them to share... but if you don't want to share you don't have to. Let him gobble the boxes down himself.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Make one big basket or as I call it a nest and set it on the center of the table with things you both like and tell him the Easter Bunny left it
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Maybe send him on an Easter egg hunt instead! You could fill plastic eggs with little things - a handful of jellybeans, hand-made coupons for a foot massage or his favorite meal for dinner, or just full them with little love notes or lines from favorite poems or song lyrics.

That way, he knows you're thinking of him, you maintain the Easter tradition and you don't spend money. :-)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Make one big basket or as I call it a nest and set it on the center of the table with things you both like and tell him the Easter Bunny left it

I like this!!
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Leave them by his computer when he isn't looking?
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Just send the cookies to me! Problem solved!! :tongue:
  • michellelynne474
    michellelynne474 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would think if the reason that you get him the gifts aka basket, girl scout cookies etc... is because you love to give him gifts then go ahead and give it to him. Regardless of whether he gives you a basket or any gifts at all!! Just simply tell him that he does not need to feel bad for not giving you anything because you love to give him these little gifts!! That will clear him of feeling guilty and make you both happy on Easter... you for giving the gifts and him for getting them!!! :-)
  • Bmoney11239
    Bmoney11239 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    give it to him, and explain that it don't matter what he gets for you.. you have to reassure him that you love him, and he is the greatest gift that he can give :D i say give him the basket, show him how much he means to you... and tell him you don't care at all. you have to let a man know sometimes, its not what they can do for you, but what they have done already :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    You married him, you can talk to him!

Tell him something like: I love the little Easter tradition we have had in past years, so I have been collecting some goodies for your Easter basket :) Then grin mysteriously, and drop the subject.

He then knows what to do.

Men do better with clear information. I am NOT man-bashing.....I have a wonderful husband who makes me very very happy. I've just learned over the years that guys aren't as psychic as we would like, and if we want them to do stuff, sometimes our "hints" need to be pretty obvious.
  • cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just find a good hiding spot for the basket you make and keep it there and if he gives you one, run and grab his. If he doesn't break out the cookies that evening.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Cute idea!
  • carriem73
    Options
    Just send the cookies to me! Problem solved!! :tongue:

best advice yet! :drinker:
  • carriem73
    Options
    give it to him, and explain that it don't matter what he gets for you.. you have to reassure him that you love him, and he is the greatest gift that he can give :D i say give him the basket, show him how much he means to you... and tell him you don't care at all. you have to let a man know sometimes, its not what they can do for you, but what they have done already :)

very true!

I do have to admit, we are both very good at that- we tell each other how imortant we are to each other every day- usually more than once. We were both in our mid thirties when we married, I think we both just understand how lucky we are to have found our perfect match!
  • JOEYJACKMOM
    Options

THIS!!!!
  • margeauxhunt
    Options
    If you want to give him a basket, give him one.