Do you eat calories burned?

Options
Just wondering if you eat calories burned as I tend to find I loose more if I don't.

I'm currently sticking to 1200 cals a day.

Replies

• Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I like you find i lose more weight if i don't always eat back my burned calories.
    If im hungrier than normal i will go upto maybe 1300cals but as a rule have no more than 1200. :-)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yep eat pretty much all of them back... (10% I don't for error in calories burned and/or calories logged) I use a Polar FT60 HRM to tract calories burned during cardio... I lift 3 days a week but do not count any calories burned from strength training... Eating my exercise calories back allows me to eat at 800-900 calories over my BMR which is currently 2300 (and that is with a 500 calorie deficit built in, to lose a pound a week) Good Luck
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I try my best to get close, I'm usually under
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you're set at 1,200 then, yes, you need to eat your exercise. You may be losing weight now at just 1,200, but you're setting yourself up for a plateau and a lot of muscle loss.

BTW- I love your horse!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat 'em up. I need a shirt that says, "Will run for pizza/chocolate/cake/brownies."
  • gmpearson
    gmpearson Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely need to refuel. Just a piece of advice based on what I have read in other sources, 1200 is the bare minimum you should go with or you may cause your body to go into starvation prevention mode. Treat food as fuel for exercise.
    Yep, I eat 'em up. I need a shirt that says, "Will run for pizza/chocolate/cake/brownies."

^^ AMEN!!! For me - add ice cream and Mike and Ikes/Jelly Beans!^^

Greg
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I eat mine back and still lose weight & never feel hungry still.
    Think about it...creating a deficit of 1200 a day is already enough to make you lose weight (to have gained weight you had to be eating alot more), then you workout & say burn 300 cals...not eating those 300 back, your only eating 900 cals. Thats not enough to fuel your body.
    Good luck!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. There are days where I burn far more than I could eat back, because I'm not hungry enough to eat them all. Usually what that means is the next day, I'll go over, because my body generally wants more the next day to refuel. I follow my body's cues. If I'm hungry, I eat, and most days, I eat all or over my exercise calories back.

Or drink them in a glass of wine. Some days, I exercise just for that alcohol.

If I didn't, I would definitely lose weight faster, but I'd be ravenous all the time. Which is just lame.
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have this right my goal is 1770 & I worked out and earned another 770. I ate 1362 (really had thought that was higher but was so tired and went to bed early) so my net was only 591. Should my net have been way higher?
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    If my net is less than my goal then I eat. I try to keep my net within + or - 50 of my goal.
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have just posted something along the lines of eating back calories and how much to log during a workout. Its all a bit confusing to me!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/554474-accuracy-when-adding-calories-a-point-to-consider
  • smile4char
    smile4char Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Ha! I couldn't agree more!:). Insert honey buns for me:)