Help! Traveling with camera, battery question.

Options
auntdeedee87
auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
My wonderful boyfriend bought me an Olympus TG-610 camera for my birthday in February and I love it. We are leaving tomorrow morning to fly to Kentucky to see his family for a week, and I'd like to bring my camera. However, I can't find anything online to help me with this-- does anyone know if the rechargeable battery in the camera is okay to go through the scanners?

I can find all sorts of literature on laptop batteries, DSLR batteries, and basic AA/AAA batteries... But not for the kind that my camera has and I do not want to mess up my camera or the battery.

We are NOT checking bags so everything will be going in a carry-on, and the camera will be in a camera bag in my purse.

Anyone that can help, I would appreciate.

Replies

• stuffsdb
    stuffsdb Posts: 165
    Options
    It should be fine...I've done it many times. I always take my Canon 5D as a carry on and it hasn't ever hurt it.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    It should be fine...I've done it many times. I always take my Canon 5D as a carry on and it hasn't ever hurt it.

I'd REALLY LOVE to take my 20D but it is my baby and I think I'd be a nervous wreck. When you bring yours how do you bag it and do you just put it on the conveyor belt with everything else? Just curious for whenever I get up the nerve to take the 'big guns'. ;)
  • stuffsdb
    stuffsdb Posts: 165
    Options
    I have it and my lenses in a very padded camera bag. I just never let it outta my sight and since I'm the only one who puts in on the conveyor belt it has been fine so far.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I'm a scuba diver, and we take all kinds of expensive photo-equipment through scanners regularly. No harm has ever come to them. The scanners won't hurt your electronic gear.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    Thanks, y'all. This is only my second plane trip and so I guess I'm still a little anxious about my stuff getting poked and scanned and jostled around.