Exercises after surgery....please advise!!!

Options
My surgery scheduled for April 18th is fast approaching. My doctor just informed this morning that I WILL NOT be able to exercise for 4 weeks after my surgery!!!! :frown: OMG, what am I going to do?!?!?!! Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to what type of exercises I may be able to do? :sad: Your input would be greatly appreciated!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain- I had surgery in December and was out for 4 weeks too- I didn't do anything- I wanted to make sure I was completely healed so that I could get back to things full speed!! Follow your Doctor's advice and you will be back to your old self in no time!

Good luck!!!
  • tapiagonzalez
    tapiagonzalez Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advise. I guess I have no choice but, to follow Doctor's orders. We shall see how it goes! Once again, THANK YOU!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Sparrow197
    Options
    Allow your body the time it needs to heal completely... If you don't, and hurt yourself, you will be in a far worse place, emotionally, mentally AND physically. Four weeks is not that long, just be sure to eat good foods to give your body the right nutrition. Remember, surgery is a crisis, and healing takes just as much energy as a hardcore workout. You are in my thoughts and prayers... You will get through it <3