staying motivated

Options
When I first joined I was ready to lose weight and I set a goal for myself. I did everything I could to lose weight. Now I just cant find the motivation to keep track of my food, and it seems that I just eat things without thinking about them. Does anyone have any advice as to how to get motivated agin and stay motivated?

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Losing focus happens. The key is getting over that hump sooner or later and realize that if you don't get back on the wagon, in one month you'll regret what decision you made today.

Have goal clothes? Dream bikini? Pants you want to be able to fit in? Write a looong blog of all the reasons you:

a) are proud of what you've done so far
    b) why you should keep on going
    c) how you think your life will be changed onc you reach that goal
    d) why your life BEFORE you made your lifestyle change made you unhappy.

be very very honest, and if need be, you can always make your blog private :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I notice that you haven't done much posting on MFP. How about finding a group to join on the motivation and support thread and get connected to some other people.

Even if you can't quite get going on right actions, it might help to have people to share with.

then start doing something different.

Take baby steps

stay open minded to new ideas

Posting your question was a great beginning.

Never, never, never give up :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm going through a bit of the same right now. I try to post my food everyday even if it's horrid. Going onto this forum is the single most effective thing in keeping me on track overall. I remember all of a sudden why I'm on this journey. When I fall I don't have far to fall because I can come here and get encouragement and support.