I am CONSTANTLY hungry

Options
124»

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You look like you don't have much to lose. You should probably be looking for .5 pounds a week to lose. It seems like you are eating your exercise calories back. You should not be constantly hungry. Are you eating filling enough foods? McDonald's cheeseburger will give you calories, but you will get hungry more quickly than if you had avacado and banana which can also give you a lot of calories. It is a matter of finding what will keep you full.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You dont eat enough.

>>>>>IMPORTANT!!! To get your numbers right please visit---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map <---read the instructions. I lay everything out to help you have a true fat burning diet.<<<<<<<
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Recalculate your Goals. If you are hungry, you probably have your Goals set too aggressively.

Your ticker says you have a little over 20 pounds to lose. You should be set at 1/2 to 1 pound loss per week. If you set your goals reasonably you will be given enough food. Don't choose "Sedentary" just because it is a choice. If you have a job or go to school or care for children, you are not Sedentary. Choosing a more active setting gives you more food.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

I have never heard this before... OMG it makes so much sence... thank you I am going to re-eval my goals and what I am projecting to loose. :-)
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I've been doing the mfp calorie-counting for about a week and a half now, and for the first week or so I was totally fine. The last couple days, though, I have been RAVenous. Constantly. It's gotten to the point where I have to work out several times a day in order to burn all the calories I need to keep myself from eating plastic or clay.

Is this something that you experienced when you were starting out? My weight loss goal is set to just 1.5 pounds a week.

Any advice would be appreciated.

try eating two baked potatoes..... good luck

potatoes rank #1 on the Satiety Index, a ranking of how full a food makes you feel after 2 hours. White bread is 100%, potatoes are 323%

i've lost 12 lbs since January just by adding baked potatoes to my diet

EDIT: i said "good luck" because it's unlikely you'll be able to finish the second baked potato because you'll feel too full! Potatoes are low in calories too, small potato is about 130 calories, large potato is 250, so if you finish two large potatoes that's only 500 calories, not bad considering you'll be full for many hours.
  • jenkinsjerry
    jenkinsjerry Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too, and it's typically when I've been not eating enough calories -- where it's almost as if your body knows when it needs more... 1.5 lbs per week is aggressive, as is 2Lbs per week, so this could have something to do with it too. You can always back off on the 1.5 and go for 1 or even .5. Or what I do to win the war and not just the battle is to have monster work out days where I burn 900+ calories, giving me a bigger challenge to eat all of my calories that particular day. Running/slow jogging for 50+ minutes will do this for you, too.

LBNL, make sure to eat enough protein. MFP is set indescribably low on protein per day, and I've heard you can adjust it. No matter what, the more protein you eat, the more full you'll feel and the less ravenous you'll feel. I ate a 2 boneless/skinless chicken breast, sandwich thin sandwich yesterday before Easter feast and was able to enjoy Easter without going into a food coma afterward. I know that the heavy dose of healthy Chicken I had enabled me to resist the apple pie and all of the other heavy fat/cal/carb offerings at Easter dinner. Ended the day under calories, too.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Eat more fiber and protein. Try upping your calories a bit.
  • AudreyMSmith
    Options
    Let MFP set you at your daily calorie intake. You should only decrease your diet by 200 cals and then exercise 300 cals plus that. That would decrease your intake by 500 cals. If you are at 1200 calories a day, then you decrease it by 500 you would only be eating 700 cals a day.....that's not enough. You won't lose much if you do it that way. 1100 cals is starvation mode to the human body....keep that in mind. I had to up my calorie intake to lose,weird I know. Also, drink full 8 oz glasses of water. That helps. Another hint, if you eat your carbs in the morning it gives you a 'full' feeling throughout most of the day. Good luck
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink? I have started drinking at least 8 cups of water a day, before I never drank anywhere near that much I think it's the first time in my life I haven't been hungry all the time.

I knoooooooooow... I should drink more water. I'm going to give it a shot this week and see if it helps. I feel like my thirst trigger rarely goes off, and I naturally want 3-4 glasses of water a day, even when I do cardio for an hour. :embarassed:
    Drink way more water! Try adding lemon to it that helps a lot!
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    5 weeks ago... I was the SAME EXACT WAY... But now that I've been eating more calorie dense foods I don't come home and " eat the kitchen" anymore.

I used to skimp on things, or avoid them all together, like whole dairy, meat and eggs,... But I've found, because they take longer to digest, they keep me fuller much longer. Sometimes I feel stuffed. Which is a very good, satisfying, feeling when it doesn't come from overeating.

Like today, I had three eggs for breakfast, made with real butter. ( i whole egg, 2 egg whites, 1/2 T butter) Here it is creeping up on lunchtime and I'm not even hungry.

I'm not pretending to be a nutritional guru... Just sharing what's worked for me. :smile:
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    You know Kelly, Looking at your pics it doesnt look like you have much to lose.

Whats your current weight?
    Body Fat%?
    Height?

Maybe you need to rethink the type of diet and look into recomposition.

PM me for more info.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree with everyone on the MORE WATER bandwagon too. Ugh, it's so important...Vital.. One of the most underestimated keys to success in healthy living. I know this... And yet, I struggle with drinking enough too. Oh, I do it. But I don't enjoy it. I wish I loved water.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Yes, I agree with everyone on the MORE WATER bandwagon too. Ugh, it's so important...Vital.. One of the most underestimated keys to success in healthy living. I know this... And yet, I struggle with drinking enough too. Oh, I do it. But I don't enjoy it. I wish I loved water.

Add Mint or a tea bag.
    Look up Sassy Water by Prevention.com
  • xarla16
    xarla16 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I always hated drinking water unless it was absolutely ice cold, so I started drinking quite a bit of crystal light as well. While I don't like aspartame aspect of it, it makes drinking water much more enjoyable for me and has made a huge difference in my hunger levels.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I don't think she was literal about eating clay.

Considering Pica (craving inedible things, such as clay) is a real, not-all-that-rare symptom of larger problems (most commonly, iron deficiency anemia, especially in women), it's an entirely plausible thing to consider until the person says otherwise.