" Why do I have a fat mom?"

Options
This is the question my 4 year old daughter asked me.. This is the question that for good made me change my lifestyle.. I changed my eating habits and started Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred on April 20, 2012... I started off at 220 I am now at 215 and I'm not stoping... My goal is 160.. I have a loooong way to go... I don't want to be FAT anymore! I don't want to be a FAT mom!!! I want to be fit & healthy! I don't want to be the friend that doesn't get hit on when we go out... the one that doesn't wear pretty dresses because they don't look right!! the one that can't wear heels because her feet can't support her weight!!! NO! I am not happy! I want to feel good about myself! I was always the chubby kid, the chunky girl! I'm tired of it! I'm sticking to this new lifestyle for GOOD!!! I want to be a healthy person... also since I am a hairstylist/makeup artist I know it will give me more confidence.. I'm not saying all hairstylist must be skinny... but health & beauty go hand in hand. I'm looking forward to getting fit!
Did anybody start off at 220ish??? Where are you at now???

Replies

• miss_september
    Options
    I started out at 230 in January and I'm down to 207. It can be done...slowly but surely! Sometimes I get so anxious to see more weight dropping off that I get discouraged...like it isn't happening quick enough, but then I remind myself of little "victories" along the way. For one, I was a size 20 three years ago (I lost 20 lbs last year before discovering mfp and kept it off all year), and now I am down to a 14 in pants. i used to have to buy 2X and sometimes 3X tops, now I normally buy the XL (except when they are too short, then I buy the XXL, but it fits loose). And just last weekend I bought 3 new sun dresses, all in an XL! I am the lightest I've been since like middle school, and fitter than I have been in my entire life!

Great job on sticking with the 30DS, my husband and I are doing it to! And congrats on the first 5 lbs, just hang in there, it will all come eventually =-).
  • LovelyMe88
    LovelyMe88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you too! ... We just have to be PATIENT!
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was 235, now I'm 169. YOU CAN DO It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't decided my GW yet. I'm 5'9 and very athleticly built, so maybe 10-15 more lbs. I'm in a size 8/10 and I'd like to be a 6/8. See ya double digits!!
  • LovelyMe88
    Options
    That is awesome!!! what an accomplishment! Good for you!... can't wait till I can say the same thing!
  • LovelyMe88
    Options
    Thank you!
  • maskellmom
    maskellmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My son and daughter look at me every time a weight loss or gym commercial comes on TV. As to say hint, hint. I don't want to be a fat mom. Hanging onto twice as much weight as I should be carrying and struggling to motivate myself.