New guy - looking for friends.

Options
I'm 45 and I am 362 as of today. Down 8 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. I've been heavy all my life and 7 years ago I was bed stricken which left the doctors confused for 6 months, until one day I found another Doc that knew exactly what was wrong. So after MRI he was right. I have a putuitary tumor. It effects growth hormones, and she said if I had surgery it would help with my weight. But the risk was to high at the time so I opted for medication, only because at the time I had 3 young kids, now 4.

So 6 weeks ago I blew out my knee bowling, and have been laid up since. I am doing much better, but 2 1/2 weeks ago I stepped on a scale and found out I gained 15 pounds from sitting around. This was my Aw Ha moment.

Now I must make something clear I am not a french fry, chip eating, soda drinking, cookie/cake/ donuts lover anymore. I use to be though. I do not eat huge meals, and I try to eat healthy food. My blood sugar is excellent along with my cholesterol. I see my Doctor every year for check ups. With no current signs of diabetes I want to stop the thought of it in it's tracks. So that is why I am here looking for friends.

I own my own collision repair facility and I have no workers so I do it all myself from climbing under vehicles to in and out of them all the time. I love playing baddmington and very good at it even at this weight. In the summer I am outside all the time and try to enjoy life. But I know at this weight things will only get harder as I get older. My bum knee has given me that Aw Ha moment to make me want more out of life, so that is why I am here. I would love to have a group of supportive people with the same goals as mine - which shouldn't be hard.

Well I hope to get to know some of you, so we can get rid of weight together. Not lose but GET RID OF!

Replies