Ladies: Hungry during TOM?

Options
2»

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It is TOM for me and all I can do is think about food. I have been good so far today but craving carby sugary tasty yummy delish food.

I have just been upstairs and sorted my wardrobes and draws out and looked at all the clothes I can now fit into again or new stuff I have bought. It has kind of took the edge off wanting to eat my own arm. There is no way I am putting weight on again. I dont fret over a few pounds or so during TOM or special occasions.

I have felt myself slipping a little bit now I am nearing my target. I need to re focus and carry on.

Lady hormones are just soooooooo erratic. I wish there was an off switch for mindless hunger. I am drinking lots of water in between meals to try and keep me topped up :O) xxx
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I saw this thread I'm due on in the next day or 2 and I've been sooo hungry today, just trying to eat little and often this afternoon but it's HARDDDD!! X
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I just came across this thread and am looking for some empathy! I am literally starving during TOM (right now!) when I'm usually fine eating my regular meals. Does anyone know if all the biological action going on is using up my calories so I'm left hungrier than normal? The hunger is lasting about three days for me, is that about the same as everyone else?
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am usually hungrier starting about 4-5 days before my TOM hits. After a couple of days into it, I tend to go back to my normal eating habits. I found that eating more protein during this time helps me not eat as much than if I ate like I normally do. Bolthouse makes a breakfast smoothie that is made of strawberries, yogurt, and granola. I have started to drink those during my TOM instead of snack. It seems to be helping.
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yes - so hungry! This morning, I woke up starving! My belly was growling, and I felt like I had to eat RIGHT NOW. I've been hungry all day...and I know it is because I'm going to start soon.
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i get hungrier and crave things. I read an article that says women often crave up to 15% more calories then they normally consume on their TOM