ice cream

cmstief
cmstief Posts: 59
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
ice cream destroys me. seriously ahhhh!!!!!!! so frustrating! its out of my life from here on out!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Try something like skinny cow. That way you don't deny yourself the little something but it isn't a lot of calories.
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    I don't allow evil ice cream into my house anymore. It's honestly how I put on 15 pounds over this winter. I would eat TIllamook ice cream late at night. Way too much I suspect. I don't even eat it when I go out either, it's the food that makes me weak. I don't buy skinny cow products because they are a bit expensive, in Canada anyway. (8-9 dollars a box)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    ice cream destroys me. seriously ahhhh!!!!!!! so frustrating! its out of my life from here on out!

Have you tried Edy's slow churned no sugar added ice-cream? It is FANTASTIC! My very favorites are the cookie dough and the fudge tracks. YUM! I've eaten their ice-cream almost every single night for the last year, and managed to lose most of the weight that I wanted to! :happy:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Two things:

If icecream is a "trigger" food for you then you are right....get it out of your life. It's a trigger food if you find it difficult or impossible to control your portions or if it causes you to cascade and eat badly after having it. Sugar especially has this impact on many people. They are, essentially, sugar addicts. The more they have the more they crave it.

If it's not a trigger food than think about purchasing icecream that is already portioned. I like orange creamsicles myself. One is only 80 calories.

If icecream is a treat for you there are two schools of thought.... (1) get the low fat-sugar free stuff so you can control the calories or (2) get the real stuff and eat just a little of it to really satisfy the craving. I vote for the real thing. The low-fat, sugar free stuff is kinda disgusting.
This discussion has been closed.