Goal #1 Reached!!! A a few NSV's as well! PICS

Options
So I am one of those MFPers (ha ha, pee'ers!) who weighs themselv every morning. It keeps me on track during they day thinking about that number...
This morning I got on the scale and promptly threw my arms up in delight! I have officially hit my first goal! I have 15 to 20 pounds left to go before I am considered a "healthy" and not "overweight" BMI...but I feel so much healthier now, thanks to My Fitness Pal! I have been logging in almost everyday for about 7 months now. I have NEVER been so motivated in my entire life to get healthy. Not that I haven't had my ups and downs these past months.

I regret not taking any offical "before" pictures, so here a few...I hope I did this correctly...
beckcharliemartysplace-1.jpg
This is from this past summer...the big guy I am holding on to is my brother. Thats another story....
inspirationtoloseweightpic-1.jpg
And this is from August of 2011...at my summer job a trainer came in and took measurements, etc. I was SHOCKED at just about everything! I had never weighed so much. He did encourage me. He told me I was athletic (I took it as muscley???) but was soft (fat, yep, I get it!).

Now, seven months later, I have been more aware of what I eat. I don't always make the best choices, but do jump right back on doing the right thing without giving up. I drink more water, take my vitamins and supplements. I get in exercise when I can. I love walking on the school's track (where I work; I am teacher) after school! My students ask why...I say because I needed some exercise! I have even started jogging, which I NEVER wanted to do before. Bellys and boobies flopping around isn't funt or comfortable.

winkyjacketredlips.jpg
And here I am the other day! I am still a work in progress and thats okay! I hope to add more pictures, but for right now, I'm gonna get off my butt and go for a jog! Its too nice of a day out and I've sat here long enough! Thanks for checking this out everyone! You are all a great inspiration to me!

Replies

• rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing... How tall are you???
  • becktoriatralala
    becktoriatralala Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I forgot to add the at the beginning!
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You Look Great! Keep it up! Now i bet your the Hot teacher the kids say they have!!!!
  • Cityperks
    Cityperks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nice work.....you def look sporty now :0)
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're doing great!
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I'm gonna come back and read the NSV's but I am responding to your pics right now, and you look great! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Holy shat...you literally worked your *kitten* off...nice job!
    You look great
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Wow....amazing!!! You look awesome - love the 'current' picture!!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely gorgeous.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you look amazing. Keep up the good work.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Pure awesomeness. You look amazing. Thank you for sharing
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Keep it up!
  • becktoriatralala
    Options
    rafarina I am 5'8"...always been the tall girl, and I like it that way! =D
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Love it!! Great job!
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    WOOOOOO! :drinker:
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You look great! I think it is wonderful that you are serving as a healthy role model for your students!!!
  • bex_86_
    bex_86_ Posts: 92
    Options
    you look amaing :) all the hard work paying off, well done x x
  • becktoriatralala
    Options
    Yes, I did forget the NSV's (I thought about this on my walk/jog CaddyMatt , thanks!)....oh my there are so many!

I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)...so I am fighting insulin resistance and weight gain around my belly even more so than the average person. Well...being more aware of food keeps my insulin levels feeling good. I can't even think of the last time I had a sugar crash! Also, losing weight has helped me, umm....sorry guys...have a period again! I didn't have one for like two years before I started MFP last September. Within two weeks, Aunt Flo came around! I am normal again! Wooo HOooo!

Shopping in my closet in another new favorite pastime. I have gone from an 18 womens/plus to a 12/14. I am wearing clothes I haven't worn in like 5 years! I'm trying really hard not to go crazy and get a bunch of new clothes, but its reallyl hard when you are running out of options because everything is falling off your butt or looking baggy around the middle.

At the end of a stressfull day at work (remember, I teach 7th graders science....) I would immediately crave fried pub pickled and beer....welll, I still want it, but instead I go out for my walks/jogs. I feel better immediately!

Overall, thanks to MFP I am soooo much happier and healthier. Although, a bad side effect is now I'm becoming kind of vain and like to look in mirror and take lots of "self portraits" with my phone/camera! HA! Oh welll!

Thanks again everyone! I love seeing your NSV's and weight loss stories! You keep it up too!
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    you look amazing!!! Hard to believe that I'll get there!!!!!
    Wow!!!
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    Huge difference, and you look hot! :D great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!