Looking for a pat on the back!

Options
Can you believe thiis....this past Saturday was my father's birthday. My mother had homemade stromboli, with homemade ice cream and carrot cake for dessert. We went to a party on Superbowl Sunday that had every possible bad thing to eat in the world there. And yesterday was my son's birthday in which he wanted Cheesecake. I was a very good girl. I turned down some things as well as remembered my motto "Put the fork down already!".
Guess how much weight I gained back? ZERO POUNDS! :happy: That's right. You heard me. Zero pounds.

Okay now. Someone tell me how good I did. I need a good pat on the back.

And a little encouragement not to go to the fridge and eat the leftovers right now.:ohwell:

Replies

• babyhippo
    Options
    Can you believe thiis....this past Saturday was my father's birthday. My mother had homemade stromboli, with homemade ice cream and carrot cake for dessert. We went to a party on Superbowl Sunday that had every possible bad thing to eat in the world there. And yesterday was my son's birthday in which he wanted Cheesecake. I was a very good girl. I turned down some things as well as remembered my motto "Put the fork down already!".
    Guess how much weight I gained back? ZERO POUNDS! :happy: That's right. You heard me. Zero pounds.

Okay now. Someone tell me how good I did. I need a good pat on the back.

And a little encouragement not to go to the fridge and eat the leftovers right now.:ohwell:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome job! I'm super impressed. I could never have resisted homemade ice cream...and just remember that leftovers never taste as good as the first day it's made. :)

Have a great day!
  • alaskagal
    Options
    You did absolutely FANTASTIC to survive all that food and not gain a single pound! WAY TO GO!:flowerforyou:

Keep up to great work! Your willpower is amazing!

You can fight this battle and WIN :drinker:

P.S. If the temptation is to great either pass the leftovers on to someone else or throw them out. It's not worth sabotaging your weight-loss progress.
  • brendab
    Options
    WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    brenda b:flowerforyou:
  • StartingNew
    Options
    YAY:drinker:
  • abetterme
    Options
    Awesome job on passing up on all of that tempting food!!!

Great job on not gaining anything from what you did eat. That means you listened to your mind and put the fork down when you should of. Great Job!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    LOL Thats awesome!! Congrats and keep up the good work!!:drinker:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!
    VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!

NOW BACK AWAY FROM THE FRIDGE!!!!!

MEMAW

P.S. I hope I can be as strong as you. This weekend is my mother's birthday, she wants chocolate cake. And next weekend is my daughters birthday, more cake!!!! :noway:
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Who invented birthday cakes anyway? We should change that tradition. People celebrate New Year's with saurerkraut, and St. Pat's Day with beer.......We should celebrate birthdays with............oh I don't know...... yogurt. That would be so much easier!
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    Good Idea...lets get rid of the birthday cakes and have birthday sugar free jello topped with fruit...
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...birthday yogurt!!
    :noway:

Congratulations!
    You have helped me make the decision just now to NOT grab part of a Mancino's grinder that someone just plunked down near my office. I just ate my pea soup and don't "need" any more food.

it's amazing, though, how I can walk by that sandwich with pea soup in my hand and suddenly crave the sandwich big-time. Scary! (No wonder I gained weight! The see-food diet...)

Cheers to you!:drinker: