Pre-planned eating before going out?

Options
13»

Replies

• HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I almost always do. I was a bit frazzled last night when the birthday girl changed her restaurant pick on the way there but I think I did alright making healthy choices.
  • SlimmingSammie
    Options
    I always pre plan meals before I go out. I find I enjoy myself way more knowing that I don't have to worry that what I've ordered has sent me over my calorie intake. (:
  • killingtheantagonist
    killingtheantagonist Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I spazz if I don't get to pre plan.
    I'm OCD about it now.
    But I feel more content now that I know I'm not eating a day and half worth of calories in one meal.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm a pre-planner ever when I don't go out. :laugh:

If I go out, I try to check it out first and if I can't, I'll try to pull the restaurant nutrition info using my Smartphone. If that isn't available, and the restaurant can't give me the caloric info, I keep it real simple. Nothing fancy so I can use generic stuff from the MFP DB.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan before going out. Helps me to stay on track.
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I totally agree and if I get a salad the dressing is on the side and I use my fork to dip into it first. I always end up eating 1/4 - 1/2 of the dressing that way. Celebrate when its important to you and not others.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Please please please remember salads aren't always the healthiest menu items either! So many hidden calories in them!

Amen! I got one at chilis once because it's lower in sodium but had to have them leave off the bacon and got the cheese and dressing on the side so I could control how many of those calories I put on it! But I wouldn't have known to do that if I hadn't looked it all up before hand. Then I could have a sliver of birthday cake since we were there for a birthday :-)
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes!!!

That's what I do and it takes all the guess work out of it! You'd be surprised a lot of the time at what the healthiest things on the menu really are! A lot of times, the burgers can be better than the salads!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm usually anti-phone when out with friends, especially in nice restaurants, but do you think checking the database for meals is acceptable phone use when in public???