Fresh fruit smoothie/shake

Options
ammire82
ammire82 Posts: 50
This is great for dessert or a snack.

1/4 c of your favorite fresh fruit(s)*
1/2 c vanilla bean icecream (regular vanilla works too but vanilla bean has more flavor)
2-3 ozs milk of choice (I use 1%)

Put all together in blender(bullet or similar is best) and blend until smooth. Taste. If to tart and 1-2 teaspoons sugar or sweetener of your chioce and blend again to mix well. Enjoy!

These are about the size of a large fast food shake and are usually 200 calories or LESS depending on brands used.

* You can use frozen or canned but keep in mind frozen fruit will make it thicker and canned usually has more sugar and calories.

Replies

• dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IB_John
    IB_John Posts: 23
    Options
    Use yogurt instead and an ice cube or 2 to make it cold.

Any fruit is fine but if you toss in an apple besure and peel it first - those little bits of apple skin suck.
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    bump
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Is ice cream from the devil?
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just put crushed ice in the blender with strawberries,bananas,coconut water. Some days blue berries or raspberries for variety. With summer coming add anything you want but I would skip ice cream LOL.and sugar.The sweet fruits do not need sugar. Freeze it ,too, for a sorbet. YUM
  • kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    ice cream is ok i use dyrers slow churned it has less fat and calories and it taste like the full fat version.....and besides if you want ice cream you can have ice cream just in moderation you should never deny yourself anything.
  • ammire82
    ammire82 Posts: 50
    Options
    Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you can't have "bad stuff" that you want. You just have to control yourself and have a little. Not everyone likes yogurt and you can't get the creamy goodness of a shake from ice. It fills that junkfood craving without being total junk.