What Cat Litter Do You Use?

Options
2»

Replies

• MystiqueASAP
    Options
    I switch between Purina Yesterday News and Arm & Hammer: Essentials (corn fibers litter) for my kitten.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever is cheapest, clumping and unscented. I make a point to scoop every three days, max. I figure if I flush the toilet every time I use it, it'd be nice if I could do the same for my kitty.

You must only have one cat! I have 4 and there is no way in heck I could go more than a day without scooping. I also have two jumbo litterboxes that I made out of big rubbermaid containers that have lids on them. I cut holes in the lids so the cats can get down into the litterbox part. And they don't pee out the side like they did with the traditional covered litterboxes.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    the next door neighbours sandbox :laugh:
  • CollisionofNova
    Options
    I buy whatever is cheapest, clumping and unscented. I make a point to scoop every three days, max. I figure if I flush the toilet every time I use it, it'd be nice if I could do the same for my kitty.

You must only have one cat! I have 4 and there is no way in heck I could go more than a day without scooping. I also have two jumbo litterboxes that I made out of big rubbermaid containers that have lids on them. I cut holes in the lids so the cats can get down into the litterbox part. And they don't pee out the side like they did with the traditional covered litterboxes.

I'm in a tiny bachelor apartment, so yes, one kitty (for now MUAHAHAHAHA). I used to be terrible and let it go weeks. It wasn't so bad because it was in the next room. When I moved into this place, I realized just how much of a digger and a scratcher he is. My god, the noise is so terrible. Cat claws on plastic > nails on a chalkboard.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I have a toilet....don't need cat litter. :laugh:

THIS!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I hear the clumping variety is extra high in fiber.
  • LovesStrays
    Options
    I use the natural wood pellets - and I go through A giant bag every two days! I find it doesn't smell as much as other litters.