Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you eat when you aren't hungry to use up calories?

Question - last night I had a lot of exercise calories. I didn't eat them because I wasn't hungry. Yeah, scale wasn't nice this AM and that's okay. I always eat breakfast. I try to eat every 3 hours or so to fuel my metabolism. It is at the end of the day when I have so many calories left and I'm not hungry and not wanting to eat before bed. I'm diabetic2 and so I have a night snack of 150-200 calories and 15 -30 carbs.

Replies

• If I have alot of calories left over, I try to choose a healthy, high-calorie snack like dried plums, almonds, celery & peanut butter. Around dinner time, if I need to eat extra calories, I add pine nuts to my salad or sauteed veggies, use olive oil and vinegar as my dressing or flavoring. Alot of times I save a fruit serving for the evening so I can use it if I need the calories, usually an orange or kiwi. Sometimes though, I just can't eat anymore.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Yes and I almost always fill it up with chocolate. Just ate a rolo chocolate egg and I'm about to have a box of sugar-free jello too.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    No, I only use my exercise calories when I am hungry.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Absolutely. I'm trying to change my body in a big way and I understand that to make that happen, I need to fuel it properly. I can't expect strength gains and fat loss if I'm short changing the same system I expect to work like a beast in a the gym.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    If I'm full/not hungry, I don't eat. Eating when I wasn't hungry is how I ended up over 300# .
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    I don't eat if I am not hungry, regardless of how many calories I have left. I used to eat all the time, even when I wasn't hungry, and that's how I ended up being morbidly obese.
    Now, I listen to my body.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    I try to eat very close to my allotted calories.
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    HealthyLivingKathy Posts: 190 Member
    I have a total of 100# to lose. I agree with those that said eating for reasons other than hunger got me in this shape. I do try to eat the allotted calories each day. Not so much the exercise if not hungry. I think I may to eat more for breakfast before I exercise. That would help spread the calories out throughout the day more.