Glitter Jar (for those moments you want to give up)

Options
13»

Replies

• raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am going to make one of these for every person I work with.. and myself!.. I know in particular my supervisor (whom I have a love-hate relationship with... um, I love to hate her) will love this.
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • killingtheantagonist
    killingtheantagonist Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lwi9w3Lsdh1qk0znno1_500.jpg

I found this on Tumblr and thought I'd share this with people that need a little calming.

Glitter jars:

"I was taught about glitter jars during my time as an inpatient. I learnt the magic of glitter during a self-soothe class as part of an emotional coping skills lesson.

There’s no science, no counting, no acceptance and no forceful methods involved in the alteration of your emotions during use of the glitter jar - just distraction.

Making a glitter jar is simple. You will need:

1 jar (with a lid of course!)
    1/10 vegetable oil
    9/10 water
    glitter - lots of!
    food colouring
    anything else shiny
    Add the water and vegetable oil together. Add a few drops of food colouring, all of the glitter and anything else shiny. Put the lid on (tight!) and shake it.

When you want to cut / binge / scream / cry, shake the glitter jar and watch until the glitter is settled. It’ll calm you and hopefully the emotion will pass."

And if you would like to see a visual, here's a link to a video I found.
    I like this combination better.
    There's different ingredients(and you don't have to use them all), but it's a better alternative to the first one I posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjWMQ6ZSmes&feature=related
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Seriously! Love this idea big bump!
  • killingtheantagonist
    killingtheantagonist Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    While I'm out after my job interview I'm going to pick up my supplies and post a picture. (: