Emotional?

Options
This is only day five for me...the first 4 days I stayed under 1200 calories and today just under 1300. My question is, could this be making me emotional? I don't feel hungry. Just uncommonly angry and sad about everything. I am normally a very happy person...bordering on bubbly. I love to exercise and today, really just want to go to bed (that means cutting out my last two sets of sprints) so my day doesn't get any worse.
If this is normal when will it pass? Advice on how to head it off at the pass?

Replies

• cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Unless you're really tiny, 1200 calories will be under your TDEE and probably your BMR too. You're body is starving and so is your brain. When your body doesn't have enough energy to burn it feels tired, and when your brain doesn't have enough you feel cranky and depressed. Perhaps try telling us your current height, weight, goal weight and we can give you some advice.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Unless you're really tiny, 1200 calories will be under your TDEE and probably your BMR too. You're body is starving and so is your brain. When your body doesn't have enough energy to burn it feels tired, and when your brain doesn't have enough you feel cranky and depressed. Perhaps try telling us your current height, weight, goal weight and we can give you some advice.

^^This. if you are eating 1200 AND exercising. You are probably losing energy which will make you emotional and cranky.
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    I am averaging 934.6 exercise calories a day. My current weight is 193.8 and I am 5ft 8. I didn't feel tired...just so angry I (was) crying. Ate more after hearing this and I feel better now. But I don't want to feel like that!
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    Oh, and my goal is to get down to 164. I would like to see how close I can get to that in two months.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am averaging 934.6 exercise calories a day. My current weight is 193.8 and I am 5ft 8. I didn't feel tired...just so angry I (was) crying. Ate more after hearing this and I feel better now. But I don't want to feel like that!

Oh gosh!! I think u need more food! I couldn't live off so few cals! Yes I get cranky mad tired sad angry when I'm hungry!! Especially when others around me get to eat whatever whenever they want!
  • arsonsmom
    arsonsmom Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yes what everyone is saying is so true you need to eat!!! Your body is starving and you are detoxing...I think of it like an addiction, you are addicted to certain foods sugars, carbs, caff....You can’t shut it down at once plus stop eating! Feed your body and your mind...On the other hand I am now finally not angry I have been on here since 2010 but working to lose weight since 2008...When I was doing it slowly I was fine happy losing like a pound a week...When I got on here and really cut back and stopped eating as much sugar it was crazy I was so angry!!! I mean really mad :mad: lol...Recently I have been fine like the last month but I am very cautious of what I put in my mouth!
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    Others eating what they want doesn't bother me...but the post office losing a package had me furious! Unreasonably so.
    Eating five times a day means I don't get hungry. My first meal is typically half a banana and a small apple yet when I finish one of those I find I have no desire for anything else. I finish it, but just because I know I need to.
    Guess I will have to add in more calories until I find the right balance.
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    Sugar detox makes sense too! I am not cutting out carbs. Most days I have a slice of double fiber whole grain toast twice a day...come to think of it, today instead I had some sesame crackers. I think my body runs better when I have some solid grains.