? about plateau

ronkswife2000
ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm experiencing a plateau :grumble: so does that mean that just my weight is staying the same? It doesn't mean that my inches won't still come off while the scale is at a stand still right?

Thanks!

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    How long have you been stalled?

Give us more info - how many calories are you eating?
    What's your exercise routine?
    Do you add calories for exercise and eat them?
  • I've been stalled for about a week... I do eat extra calories to make up for exercise... I do turbo jam everyday about an hour of it.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    A week could just be your body adjusting - water weight, something like that....don't give up - I have spurts that I "stall" for a couple weeks but I know that I am eating enough, eating the right food, and continuing to exercise - my body loves me for it and it does reward me I just have to be patient.

How long have you been doing the Turbo Jam - sometimes new routines take a little time to react or sometimes if you've done the same thing for a while it's time to change it up.
  • A week could just be your body adjusting - water weight, something like that....don't give up - I have spurts that I "stall" for a couple weeks but I know that I am eating enough, eating the right food, and continuing to exercise - my body loves me for it and it does reward me I just have to be patient.

How long have you been doing the Turbo Jam - sometimes new routines take a little time to react or sometimes if you've done the same thing for a while it's time to change it up.

Tomorrow will be 1 mths since I started turbo jam... I thought about switching the routine up so I throw in some slim in six every once in a while... I'll just be patient I know it will pass! Should I maybe trade one or more of my turbo jam workouts for a job maybe?
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Since you have less than 20 lbs to lose, losing inches before pounds is likely to happen more often than not so learn to love your measuring tape and take photos to keep you going.

When the inches stop moving, then consider yourself at a plateau.
This discussion has been closed.