I don't like fruits/veggies

Options
There are NO fruits or veggies that I enjoy eating. I know there are a million benefits to eating them. I would like to try including them in my diet again. I prefer to try eating most of them raw instead of having to cook them. What are your favorite ways to eat your fruits/veggies? What do you dip them in, if anything. Thanks for your input:)

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i primarily eat my veggies raw, but also steamed and oven roasted.

baked kale chips are good.

if i need a dip, it's usually hummus and i'll have that with carrots, red peppers, cucumbers.

as for fruit, i need no excuse to eat fruit : berries, melons, citrus fruits are my favorite
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I prefer to drink my fruits via fruit smoothies. I manage 4-5 servings per day this way.
  • leciathegunner
    Options
    There aren't many fruits or vegetables that I like either. Surprisingly enough, I am a vegetarian. My nutritionist tells me that the key to weight loss for me is to include more legumes(beans,basically) In my diet. I do not like beans at all so this is a struggle for me. I buy the prepackaged snack packs that have raw veggies like broccoli, carrots and green beans with salad dressing to dip them in. I know buying fresh veggies would be better than the pre- packaged ones with all the preservatives added but I am more likely to eat them if I don't have to go through the trouble of preparing them myself.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I love all fruits and most vegetables except okra and squash. I generally steam all my veggies or eat them raw (depending on what it is). Why don't you try blending the fruits into a protein shake? You can also try blending raw spinach into it too, but you might have to build up to that. That might make it easier to get the fruits down. With the veggies, try steaming them and adding a little garlic and butter sauce to them. I used to do this with my son and eventually added less and less sauce until now he eats them plain.
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    there are sooooo many diferent types of fruits in this world.. you cannot even imagine..

easy solution: travel around the world and eat fruit you enjoy..

I take pride in my fruit knowledge, I love fruit.. lol.. dont give up on fruit.. theres plenty of fruit in the sea... one day you'll find the ideal fruit :bigsmile:

guanabanainterior.jpg
    green_fruit_costa_rica.jpg
    granadilla.jpg
    2969890174_c67ab2f4a8.jpg
    mamon.png
    ceviche+manz+(1).jpg
    pitaya.jpg
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I blend 1/2 cup fresh squeezed OJ, 1 cup fresh pineapple and 1/2 banana, with a couple of ice cubes. It is heaven!

slice 1/2 cup zucchini and 1/2 cup summer (yellow) squash and nuke it or steam it. The yellow squash makes it taste buttery.

Not exactly a vegetable, but still great: peel and cut up a sweet potato into wedges, toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 sprig of fresh rosemary (chopped). Bake at 450 for 30 minutes, turning once.

Steam some green beans and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar.

Best salad ever, for a little splurge: romaine, glazed/candied pecans, gorgonzola, hard (asian) pear, and raspberry vinaigrette.
  • LucyvdPelt
    LucyvdPelt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    try frozen fresh fruit - i love to have frozen strawberries as a snack when i crave for icecream

or smotthies - then you dont really have to eat them but kind of drink them - but pls be aware to not buy smoothies made out of concentrate - they are a scam
  • swetha1234
    Options
    A great thing to do would be to add different spices while sauteeing the vegetables. Experiment with rosemary, basil, and curry powder, it makes them so much more yummy! raw vegetables with homemade dips are great too. try dips that you make at home because then you can see wat goes in them. i recently discovered tzatziki, a greek yogurt dip........yum!
  • chrislin2011
    chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I think I may need to check into how to make smoothies since that might be the best place for me to start.