Lent is officially over. How'd you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    As a lifelong Catholic, I was always taught that Lent ended when the Mass of the Lord's Last Supper (Holy Thursday) started; Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Saturday are collectively called the Triduum and are celebrated separate from Lent and the Easter season (which starts with the Easter vigil on Saturday).

I gave up these gingerbread-style cookies, in the shape of a pig, that are sold at a local mexican bakery. I am going to buy myself one tomorrow and enjoy it with my coffee on Easter morning.

Happy Easter!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking...and still not smoking!

That's awesome. Congrats!
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Thanks for that post! My parents are almost 90, and my grandparents lived to be 93 as well, so I learned old school! They considered sunset the night before to be included in the day(like the Jewish people do). So today, at Sunset I had 3 homemade chocolate chip cookies courtesy my daughter.

Last year I gave up pop. Never even had them on Sunday's. By the time Easter Sunday came I tasted a coke, and haven't gone back! In fact last year lent is when I first started MFP. As of today i have lost 20 pounds (lent to lent!)

Way to go everyone! congratulations on a great lenten season!
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Gave up all carbonation and bread - anything I could make a sandwich out of. I've made it all the way through. Looking forward to a biscuit after early church on Sunday though. The carbonation was harder to deal with than the bread. I've been dying for a sprite zero on my "cheat" night.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options

thank you for the link and to the other person who answered me. I am always interested to learn about new topics.
  • e_NV_y
    e_NV_y Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I gave up facebook..sounds dumb but it was equally hard trust me!! lol. and i made it! and actually enjoyed the break. :)

And yea i'm not ending it until sunday. then its back on to social networking!! haha but I think i might like MFP better now :)

I gave up fb last year...amazing to see what else you do with your time!

THis is so true!! I actually feel like I have a closer relationship again with my friends because I had to actually call them instead of just reading a status.. lol I ended up doing a thought of the day (quote) text every morning just to pass the time or fill the void of fb i guess.. but now they love it and i will continue it even if i start my page up. Its sad to realize how much our lives get trapped inside social networking instead of actually Real communication. lol

*sigh* what happened to the good ole days... when Cordless phones and caller id was the new Hip things!!! haha (i digress) lol
  • Suzannejl
    Options
    LOL, when my kids were little we would give up TV for lent. We could watch religious videos, Veggie Tales was a favorite! Now we still pull out Veggie Tales, etc. during the season.

You are right, we gained a lot of extra time!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Well I gave up Carbs for lent. I did pretty well for the most part. This last week was probably the worst, i knew it was getting close, and cheated around once a day.

I did get down to my lowest weight so far, 135.2#! I did have carbs on Sunday, so Monday's I was back up 2-3 pounds, but by Friday's i was always back down to around 135.

Now that lent is over I'm hoping to add healthy grains back in, but maybe only one a day. We'll see, maybe I'll just do it on weekends. But I'm afraid I'll binge again! LOL

What are your plans now that lent is over? How did you do? Did you lose or gain any weight ?

Happy and Blessed Easter to you and your family!

You gave up CARBS? How the he11 would you do that? All fruits and vegetables contain carbs! Did you eat nothing but meat? It doesn't seem possible...
  • Suzannejl
    Options
    Well I gave up Carbs for lent. I did pretty well for the most part. This last week was probably the worst, i knew it was getting close, and cheated around once a day.

I did get down to my lowest weight so far, 135.2#! I did have carbs on Sunday, so Monday's I was back up 2-3 pounds, but by Friday's i was always back down to around 135.

Now that lent is over I'm hoping to add healthy grains back in, but maybe only one a day. We'll see, maybe I'll just do it on weekends. But I'm afraid I'll binge again! LOL

What are your plans now that lent is over? How did you do? Did you lose or gain any weight ?

Happy and Blessed Easter to you and your family!

You gave up CARBS? How the he11 would you do that? All fruits and vegetables contain carbs! Did you eat nothing but meat? It doesn't seem possible...

More like Phase one of South Beach diet: veggies, dairy and meat only. Then after a couple of weeks I added back in fruit. But no grains, occasional starchy veggies like corn, peas, or potatoes.

You are so right! I was shocked the other day when I had some pineapple and it had more carbs than a slice of whole grain bread! (almost twice!)

It was HARD. Don't think I could do it normally, my will power is kinda weak. LOL Going back to healthy carbs next week. But it was fun finding new and interesting ways to eat more veggies! Even my kids learned they like shredded cabbage with a little sesame oil and rice vinegar!