Ooops

Options
So I ate with wild abandon tonight. My son wanted Buffalo Wild Wings and I had good intentions. But when I saw that black n blue burger on the menu i had to have it. So I did, and the fries, and the fried pickles. The burger wasn't worth it (I really had the Red Robin version in my head) but the pickles and the fries were. I didn't go over my allotted calories, but lets face it...that meal was not keeping with the spirit of the program right? Well, I will do better tomorrow...I have a 5K scheduled in the morning.
Signed,
Bloated in VA

Replies

• ler2665
    ler2665 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Both places have veggie patties you can substitute into any of their burgers... saves you a few hundered calories and I think they're delicious! Not everyone likes them, but they might be worth trying next time you want to splurge on the sides. :-)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, as long as you are inside your calorie goal I would say you haven't done too much "damage." It's ok to treat yourself to a meal like that from time to time. I would probably give in to a black & blue burger myself. YUM.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I hate when that happens! It happens generally when I go out to eat. It's so much better in my mind, lol. But i agree with the fried pickles! They are AWESOME! Sometimes we make sorta questionable decisions that we end up regretting. Hopefully we learn our lesson, but I know that has been the hardest part for me! :blushing:
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that today. I dropped my oldest two kids off at the movies, and my middle son and I wandered around the mall for some quality time. I felt like, in the spirit of a "fun" day, it was ok to have a small piece of candy and a soft pretzel. Then I got home, and the only dinner we had time for before church was pizza. And then... well, my husband brought home ice cream. Since I still had 400 calories left, I figured I could eat some.

I didn't go over my calories today, either. I burned over 500 calories jumping rope and then walking around the mall, so I had plenty to spare. But that doesn't mean it was good for me. :P Still, I figure you're going to have days like that. I don't beat myself up about it.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    It happens. Good luck in your race tomorrow!!
  • SwimKitty
    SwimKitty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wait, pickles are a vegetable, right? I mean, vegetables aren't bad...

Kidding!

Good luck on your run tomorrow!