New Rules of Lifting for Women

Options
I just got the book and I am about to settle down and read it. I have been lifting consistently since January and I am starting to see real changes. I want to go heavier because I want more of a challenge and I really don't want to do any cross fit type workouts (I know some people swear by it but it just isn't my thing). If you have done this program can you tell me how long do the workouts typically take?

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Don't do crossfit.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of stage 1. With quick warm up and cool down it takes somewhere around 40 or 45 minutes. It's great, I love it!
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Don't do crossfit.

why's that?
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Don't do crossfit.

why's that?

http://joshsgarage.typepad.com/Crossfit_White_Papers_--_Timeline.html

Also google "crossfit rhabdo"
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I loved Stage 1. It only took a half hour. The routines get much more complicated and time consuming after that. I actually switched to something else after Stage 1, and have switched yet again and am now doing StrongLifts 5x5. That only took 30 minutes at first but now due to increased rest time its about 45 but I doubt it'll ever go longer than that.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm at the end of stage 1 and it takes about 40-45 minute to get through the routine. part of the length is because i'm actually taking the rest time (and sometimes a bit more) between the sets. especially since i have to uncollar my bar, look for the new plate and recollar the bar.

if i remember correctly from the last time i did NROL4W, stage 4 was the longest stage, sometimes coming in at an hour
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I did my first stage 1 workout today and I felt like it was super short. I lifted and then did some easy cardio afterwords because I'm doing intervals tomorrow morning (spinning). It felt odd to me, because I usually spend 1.5 - 2 hours at the gym. I'm nervous about upping my calories to what the book recommends but I'm going to give it a shot. No half measures here!