Coconut Oil

Options
Extra-virgin, Organic, non-refined, expeller pressed coconut oil - is it really good for you or really bad for you? Seems to be somewhat controversial.

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Good for what?
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is really good for you. It is better for you than extra virgin olive oil. I did a lot of research on the internet about it when it was recommended for people with Alzheimer's Disease. My dad was recently diagnosed and it helps with memory, heals wounds, and lots of other healthy benefits. I highly recommend it and I urge you to look it up under the benefits of coconut oil. Hope that this helps.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Why is it that everywhere I go they are out of stock of the big containers of coconut oil?
  • kel_gee
    kel_gee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Its very very very good for you. i use it in everything.
  • Hippopotoart
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I have heard mostly great things, but my mom is a nurse and seems to be very concerned with the fact that it is a very highly saturated fat. Thus, I'm second guessing it, but I guess in moderation, the benefits out weigh this negative.
    Would it make sense that this is not as big of an issue because it is not able to solidify while in the body, because your body temp is too high?
    lol, sounds silly, but just a thought!