Bikini suggestions?

Options
jching29
jching29 Posts: 163
I'm looking for a bikini...I'll need it by August. The thing is, I'd love something that isn't micro, or essentially just a pile of strings, or see-through. It'll be a vacation with my family, and as much as I like looking sexy for my girlfriend, my mom and dad can definitely skip on the eyeful. Do you have any suggestions about places I can look, or a place where you got your favorite bikini?

Replies

• erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Target. They have tons of options.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    VS bikinis are for the most part a bit revealing but you can get the ones that are more full coverage.
    You might also want to check out Venus. They have some nice styles and are not as small as the ones from VS. I guess you could look at Target or Walmart but I have never bought clothes or swimming suits from either place.

Good luck finding the one you like. I know how hard it is to find the perfect one! I am sure whatever you get, your GF will like it.
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Old Navy and Target are my favourite places to go. Both end up being around 30 to 40 bucks total.

I always get asked where I buy swim suits and these are the places!
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    Swimoutlet.com

VERY reasonable prices, good selection!
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Walmart. Kmart.
  • jching29
    Options
    Thank you so much! They all look really great :) I checked out Target and a few other places...now I'm just trying to decide. I'd originally found one on Ujena, but their suits run upwards of $150 :(
  • spynoodle
    Options
    P.S. The bikini I am wearing is from the place I suggested. It was less than $30 and you can mix/match sizes. The quality is really good too. Much better than Target/Walmart in my opinion. No offense to those that suggested them. I have MUCH love for Target and Walmart! :love:
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I really like some of the H&M ones this season.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I like Target but will be checking out swimoutlet.com. Thanks for the suggestions and to the OP for asking.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I found a super cute one at TJ Maxx. It is usually hit or miss but I would definitely check it out.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Venus!!!! Best bikinis ever! Fabulous return policy!:smile:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    P.S. The bikini I am wearing is from the place I suggested. It was less than $30 and you can mix/match sizes. The quality is really good too. Much better than Target/Walmart in my opinion. No offense to those that suggested them. I have MUCH love for Target and Walmart! :love:

How can you buy a swimsuit online? what if it doesn't fit?
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Modcloth has some fuller bottomed retro style bikinis and etsy does, too.
    Good luck!!
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Target. They have tons of options.

While I don't wear bikini's I am going to buy my swimsuit at Target because they have a 1950's style one piece that I absolutely adore, but they have nice options all around.

I don't like spending tons on swimwear, so I checked Wal-mart but all their one pieces are very gaudy. But I would search for one that has thick bands on the side something like this

http://www.target.com/p/Mossimo-Womens-Mix-Match-Halter-Swim-Top-Assorted-Colors/-/A-13848831
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree with those who have suggested Victoria's Secret and Venus. Venus has a great selection of revealing to full coverage suits. VS is a little on the skimpier side for most, but I just got a set from them that I love.
  • spynoodle
    Options

How can you buy a swimsuit online? what if it doesn't fit?

You can buy ANYTHING online these days. I saw that Costco sells caskets...creepy.

Just make sure you read return policies! I also read reviews if they are available. Sad to say I am an EXTRA LARGE in a lot of bikinis. I don't like too much boob spillage.
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    in terms of styles, try some with ruffles! that way they aren't the complete "sexi-fied" bikini but it's still a cute and fun bikini that will make sure you're covered, I got mine at PacSun..and I love it, but I took the time to work with the sales associate (probably like a good 45 minutes to an hour) to find that perfect bikini...it was one I never would have even though to try on but I LOVE MY BODY in it..where as the other bikinis, they weren't so flattering.

so my suggestions:
    ruffles, work with sales associates...get their opinion and take their suggestions, and be patient..you'll find your perfect bikini :)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    There is a site called 'swim kitten' that has some very modest bikinis.
  • jching29
    Options
    in terms of styles, try some with ruffles! that way they aren't the complete "sexi-fied" bikini but it's still a cute and fun bikini that will make sure you're covered, I got mine at PacSun..and I love it, but I took the time to work with the sales associate (probably like a good 45 minutes to an hour) to find that perfect bikini...it was one I never would have even though to try on but I LOVE MY BODY in it..where as the other bikinis, they weren't so flattering.

so my suggestions:
    ruffles, work with sales associates...get their opinion and take their suggestions, and be patient..you'll find your perfect bikini :)

Thank you! That was just some of the advice I was looking for :D Also, I was surprised...I love PacSun's bikinis, too. Especially one with anchors on it...so sweet!