Salty language

Options
2»

Replies

• GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Meh, being in the army the last 11 years and being a drill sergeant I have developed a plethora of different ways to curse someone out.

But when I go on leave back to my home state of Texas I never curse around my parents, grandparents or my future in-laws. There is a time and place for it.
  • beabelieve
    beabelieve Posts: 112
    Options
    I had a teacher who used to say that if someone swears often, it means that they have a small vocabulary. What a load of crap! :laugh:
    Pernicious chickensh*t codswallop of that *ss-backward ilk is an auxiliary f*king hobgoblin to the p*ss-poor and abjectly miniscule little mind. (...just effin' sayin'...)

ahhahaha holy F@kin *kitten*!!!!
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it. I drop F bombs. I use all seven of the words George Carlin talked about (Google it youngins). I like to cuss. Why? No real reason. I enjoy it for the same reason I enjoy watching basketball or hanging out with friends or sleeping late. It's fun. I know many people are offended by salty language. They think it shows a lack of intelligence or a limited vocabulary. That's a load of crap. I am college educated with a degree in journalism, so I have a very good vocabulary. I'm not Stephen Hawking, but I never rode the short bus to school either.

If you don't like "bad" language, don't use it. But please don't try to force your ideals on the rest of us. Regardless of whether we are talking about cuss words or abortion or gun control or our favorite color, we all have the right to our own thoughts and choices and actions. I won't cuss AT someone who doesn't like it, but I also won't moderate my language just in case someone might get offended. In my opinion, the world is WAY too PC right now and WAY too concerned with making sure no one gets their feelings hurt.

No real point to this post. Just late night venting. Have a great night people!
    The Boy did a seven words you can't say on the playground routine in Kindergarten. I guess he was spending a little too much time in the kitchen with the chefs.
  • beabelieve
    beabelieve Posts: 112
    Options
    I swear in another language ;so nobody understands :tongue: .

seriously ur f*cking pic is distracting the *kitten* outta me
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    The Boy can swear in Spanish, Italian, and German. We're so proud.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Someone use the word c*nt.

It's not used enough in the U.S.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I have potty mouth. I have put more money into the swear jar in the last 2 months than I can count! My kids are gonna have fun shopping!..LOL. "F U" ahhh...that felt better! :bigsmile:
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    mmmm I was thinking of salt and chocolate.

Swearing is something I personally believe is healthy and a question of society, some words are considered curse words in certain cultures but not in others. I have a colourful vocabulary, sometimes I straight forward swear, other times I like to think of fun, non-offensive versions for my own amusement.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I'm so funny about salty language...I guess it started when my kids were tiny and I was afraid that I would hear them drop the F bomb in front of grandma. Now that they're teens, I still try to set a good example, but sometimes when you hear it in the perfect context, its just F***ing FUNNY!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    The Boy can swear in Spanish, Italian, and German. We're so proud.

And of course, you should be.:smile:
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I curse whenever the wind blows but dont get me wrong I now when and where to do it. Ofcourse I dont do it at work or when Im out eating etc u get the point. But its me... hey if people dont like thats their business. Im not out here to impress anyone or try to get anyone. I have my college education, career, kids and husband. Im not worried about what people think.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it. I drop F bombs. I use all seven of the words George Carlin talked about (Google it youngins). I like to cuss. Why? No real reason. I enjoy it for the same reason I enjoy watching basketball or hanging out with friends or sleeping late. It's fun. I know many people are offended by salty language. They think it shows a lack of intelligence or a limited vocabulary. That's a load of crap. I am college educated with a degree in journalism, so I have a very good vocabulary. I'm not Stephen Hawking, but I never rode the short bus to school either.

If you don't like "bad" language, don't use it. But please don't try to force your ideals on the rest of us. Regardless of whether we are talking about cuss words or abortion or gun control or our favorite color, we all have the right to our own thoughts and choices and actions. I won't cuss AT someone who doesn't like it, but I also won't moderate my language just in case someone might get offended. In my opinion, the world is WAY too PC right now and WAY too concerned with making sure no one gets their feelings hurt.

No real point to this post. Just late night venting. Have a great night people!

^^ YES!

I am very good at turning the filter on and off, depending on who I am around. I am 35 years old and still wont say anything worse than '@$$' or 'damn' in front of my mom. If I'm around friends, it sounds like that old wav file of the "FWord"... F the F'ing F'ers... But that does not mean I am not educated (degree in computer science with a minor in journalism) or ignorant.

I have no problem with people expressing themselves, as long as they do not try to force their views on me.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    it's an extension of language and even culture and shouldn't be measured as negative thing when used in context. In many languages, swear words are assimilated in casual conversation, but when directed at an individual, they magically become 'salty'.

On a personal level, I drop f bombs ALL the time when with friends or work colleagues, but never ever ever, not even " $**t" around my mom or sister..ever.
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    I love you all.