What is your official "virgin" Kareoke song?

Options
AEB_WV
AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
I'm not really proud of this and I thougt it would turn out better but....George Jones "He Stopped Loving Her Today"

Replies

• french_press
    Options
    You're so vain by Carly Simon! I rocked it with my boyfriend :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm still a karaoke virgin.

Someday I will pop my cherry. When I do, it's going to be to Barry Manilow, 'cause I am cool like that.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    never done it. but if/when i do, it'll be a tom waits song. partly because i know all of the words, and also because i sound nothing like tom waits.

and that would be funny.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Superfreak by Rick James
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    The Love Boat theme. It's pretty easy to sing, actually.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Californication - RHCP. It's the one song I can do where I actually sound OK.

I'm partial to a bit of Arctic Monkeys too, I DON'T sound that OK doing them but I have the accent :bigsmile:
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    "Can't Fight The Moonlight" by LeAnn Rimes Haha! (That was back when I was a kid though... so maybe that doesn't count? If it doesn't, then I have yet to pop my Karoke-cherry)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i haven't popped my cherry yet.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    Avril Lavigne - Don't tell me. It went terribly.

Now I like to stick to doing Wheatus with my boyfriend....still doesnt sound great. Maybe I should just stick to Singstar in the comfort of my own home. Poor neighbours.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Juice Newton - Angel of the Morning...when I was 15. After turning 21 I went out to karaoke bars 2 or 3 nights a week. Doing mostly Heart, Pat Benatar, Journey and other 80s power stuff.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    "I Love Rock And Roll" by Joan Jet and the Blackhearts. I sang it with a live karaoke backing band and won an MP3 player!
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    American Pie All nine verses Embarrasingly cringworthy
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    Thriller :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    On man! After a few rounds of drinks. I rocked Livin' On A Prayer at AJ Gators. That was my first and last time but it was definitely awesome.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Don McLean's American Pie
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    "dancing queen" by ABBA
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Eye of the Tiger.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I've managed to largely avoid Karaoke I'm happy to say, I did however get stung at a 'staff' party once when I was a governor at my daughter's primary school, years ago.

The teaching staff, (all women), got me and 2 other male governors to sing 'I'm Too Sexy for my Shirt', much to their amusement (the other two were wearing cardigans, so you get the picture) !

Got my own back though, after a few more beers I dragged 2 of them into the air guitar solo of Bohemian Rhapsody.
  • Hailei
    Hailei Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hehe, that would be Jason Donovan's Sealed with a kiss :laugh:
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane.