Confused

Options
OK I have been debating about posting this but I am going to cause I'm confused and need some help with the questions I have .
First how many calories do I need to burn a day working out to lose 2 pounds a week ..How long should I work out for per day ? what does the net calories mean on MFP I'm sorry these might sound dumb but i'm lost the only thing i do is log what i eat and What I work out ..It would be helpful to understand some of this stuff . Should I be eating more if I work out or just eat my goal calories?
Thank you for your time

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    Hey -

Basically, when you work out, it is recommended that you eat back the calories you lose. When you set up your account on here, you already set up a deficit in order to lose weight. To not eat back your calories will cause more of a deficit, and can be unhealthy because your body won't be getting all of the vitamins and nutrients it needs.

Your net calories should equal out to 1200+. 1200 is the lowest you should go so your body gets all of the nutrients it needs (for females).

The total number of calories you consume minus the total number of calories burned is your net calories.

here, check out this website...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/485760-what-are-net-calories/

Eating back your calories may seem like it is unproductive, but it actually will help speed up your metabolism and keep everything moving per se. Also, eating and snacking every 2 hours or so is also very helpful.
  • Jonnelle06
    Options
    Thank you both for taking the time to explain and the articles :happy:
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    Not a problem! :D