Funny compliment at work

Options
Tonight at work, I was bent over to put some stuff away, and a coworker stopped and asked, "Do you work out your calves?" I do more upper body work than lower, but I do *some* leg work, so I said yes. She said, "Your calves are MASSIVE!" I laughed and made a comment about how they have to be massive to carry around so much weight, but inside I was beaming. A couple months ago, I couldn't see the muscles ripple. Now other people can see them! I'm also confident enough with the changes I've made to know that a comment about size isn't always an insult. It's a great feelng, and the recognition makes me want to work even harder. I've hit a point where the newness of losing weight has kinda worn off, so having someone comment on my progress has helped me see accomplishments that I hadn't otherwise noticed :happy:

Replies

• crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That's funny and awesome! Congrats on your newly found muscles!
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    Love it!!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It's also nice to have other people notice as affirmation that the changes aren't just in your head:) If you calves look that good by doing *some* work on them, think of what they could look like with *more* work on them :)
  • nicoleeliza4
    Options
    random comments like that are the best!! I've had customers at work comment before, even through our frumpy uniforms and aprons, feels awesome and leaves you glowing all day!
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I still smile when I think about it. She has no idea how much that little comment has meant to me :smile:
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Love those random compliments. I was selling tickets for a concert the other night and one of the customers I've known for a long time purchased her ticket, then leaned in and whispered to me I was looking I must have lost some weight and I was "looking great!" Made my day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!