tattoo for nephew

Options
neo200120018
neo200120018 Posts: 106 Member
ok so I want to get a new tattoo and theres a cool one of a butterfly with baby foot print feet and a name down the middle, I want to get it for nephew , I was at his birth and I love him more than any thing, do you think its weird to get it for my nephew my friend told me I was weird for even considering it!

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    ok so I want to get a new tattoo and theres a cool one of a butterfly with baby foot print feet and a name down the middle, I want to get it for nephew , I was at his birth and I love him more than any thing, do you think its weird to get it for my nephew my friend told me I was weird for even considering it!

I think that's a wonderful idea. It doesn't matter who he is - if you're close to him and he means a lot, a tattoo to honour him would be a great choice.

If I ever got a tattoo, it would be for my three siblings. I won't - I don't want a tattoo, ever, but I designed one just to see what it would be like.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I think it's a little weird, but I think all tats are weird. It's your body, though, so do as you please and don't worry about what others think.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    Its not weird at all. If you are close to him and you love the design.. Go for it!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's weird if you're one of those close-see each other all the time-spilling in and out of each others houses types of families. But perhaps a bit strange if you're not particularly close to the family, and most likely will hardly see him the rest of his life?

Perhaps just a little tattoo would make more sense, his mum might not appreciate it as much if you get a big tattoo for HER son, if yaknow what I mean?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine if
    - your sibling is okay with it
    - if you plan to get one for your own children if you have them sometime
  • neo200120018
    Options
    spoke to my sis in law and she thought it was a great idea! rest of my family are anti tattoos mentioned it to mum and it was the idea of another tattoo she didnt like haha and that the one I wanted is bigish! well keep look at designs for it, as my sister in law says me and my nephew have a special bond and no matter what happens in life he well still be my nephew
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Seems a bit much really...think he'd rather have a teddy.

:smile:
  • sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    , not sill enough to get a guys name on me!

What exactly are you saying here? That ppl who have guys names tattooed onto them are silly? I think that's a very sweeping statement to make. Personally I think it depends upon the situation, after all every person, relationship & situation is different, and we all have our own reasons for getting inked, whatever it may be.

Tattoos are very personal & if you want one with your nephews name, then why not!? What does it matter what other ppl think.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I would get the tat. You love him, and he'll love you. Aunts/uncles have a special connection with these kids over time. He might come to you with a problem when he's a teenager before his own parents. Get it. Your gut gave you the idea, and it's a good one.
  • neo200120018
    Options
    sorry wasnt meant that way! re peoples names, its something I choose not to do, but then ppl may not choose to do what I want to so sorry!

and that tattoo is meant to be a symbol for the relationship we share, I was at the doc with my sister in law when she found out she was pregnant, I spent 3 nights sleeping on a hospital floor after driving 6 hours to be at his birth, I handed him from the incubator to my sister in law in the nicu, he is my one and only brothers son
    We have always shared a special bond and always well and thats what I want it to symbalise
  • jaydubbayu
    Options
    My first tat is gonna be my daughter's name. I've always drawn words all over everything when I doodled. I figured that's probably gonna be some tats for me, since I drew words so much.
  • jaydubbayu
    Options
    sorry wasnt meant that way! re peoples names, its something I choose not to do, but then ppl may not choose to do what I want to so sorry!

and that tattoo is meant to be a symbol for the relationship we share, I was at the doc with my sister in law when she found out she was pregnant, I spent 3 nights sleeping on a hospital floor after driving 6 hours to be at his birth, I handed him from the incubator to my sister in law in the nicu, he is my one and only brothers son
    We have always shared a special bond and always well and thats what I want it to symbalise

I think it's great