P90X living up to its claim

Options
I am on my second week of the P90X program and I have lost an inch in my waist and an inch in my hips. I haven't got on the scale yet since I am sure that I am putting on muscle and I don't want to get discouraged. But I feel amazing and I am actually excited to get up at 5 am and do the workouts!! :drinker:

Replies

• Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    really? that is interesting to hear.. so does it require any equipment?
  • heygirl1954
    Options
    I AM SO EXCITED..I ORDERED THIS AND IT SHOULD BE HERE TODAY, CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!!! I HOPE I LOVE IT AS MUCH AS YOU
  • coachkcrosby
    Options
    That is just what I needed to hear. I'm getting ready to start my second round of the X, and I keep putting it off. My first round I gained two pounds on my starting weight due to large portions. Hearing of your success is helping me get motivated to try again WITH my 1200 calorie intake.
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I LOVE P90X! Even though I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme right now.... I love them both!

Equipment, some weights and a bar for chin ups OR an exercise band with a door element (which is what I used).
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    That's great rocco!

And yeah, ditch the scale or take photos before you step on it; they help :laugh:.
    really? that is interesting to hear.. so does it require any equipment?

It requires some kind of weights (either bands or hand weights), and also a means of doing pullups (one of those iron gyms or the bands with a door anchor).
  • roccopico
    roccopico Posts: 28
    Options
    Dumb bells but you only need the weight you are working with, right now I only have a set of 8lb and 25lb. As I progress I will get some heavier weights to use. They do pull ups using a pull up bar but you can also use the exercise bands. I bought one band from Target for $8. The rest is just you working your but off!!!!

It is also great because they show and tell you have to modify so you don't have to feel like you can't do what they are doing.
  • malta1982
    malta1982 Posts: 4
    Options
    the program is the real deal... I finished at the end of April, and recently started over... I suggest going to beachbody.com and find a forum where everyone starts on the same day. good luck!!!!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    That is just what I needed to hear. I'm getting ready to start my second round of the X, and I keep putting it off. My first round I gained two pounds on my starting weight due to large portions. Hearing of your success is helping me get motivated to try again WITH my 1200 calorie intake.

I didn't lose ANY weight either.
    But I could SEE and feel the difference.
    I didn't follow the eating guide and I guess that is a HUGE element with P90X.
    Just make sure you are eating enough so you don't BONK!
  • kariadams
    kariadams Posts: 24
    Options
    I love the P90X!!! Plain and simple. I was 9 months postpardum with baby #2 when DH (dear hubby) and I started. I gained 65lbs with her and my husband gained 50lbs. We are not finished but both had met our weight goal in less than 90days. I found with this program by following the menu I was consuming too many calories. I found this site through beachbody.com I think, can not remember. I was worried that I was consuming too many calories and when I started sticking to the 1200 calorie diet and a little more with the exercise calories, the weight was shredded off. :drinker: It is hard, do not let anyone fool you, this is a serious workout and you will feel like a doof somedays when you can not do things like they do, but we just kept moving and it all fell into place in no time at all. If you need any help, suggestions you can go to beachbody.com or send me a message. I am NOT a coach, so I can only help you from personal experience. Good luck and congratulations on taking the first step to a new future and a new you.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I love the P90X!!! Plain and simple. I was 9 months postpardum with baby #2 when DH (dear hubby) and I started. I gained 65lbs with her and my husband gained 50lbs. We are not finished but both had met our weight goal in less than 90days. I found with this program by following the menu I was consuming too many calories. I found this site through beachbody.com I think, can not remember. I was worried that I was consuming too many calories and when I started sticking to the 1200 calorie diet and a little more with the exercise calories, the weight was shredded off. :drinker: It is hard, do not let anyone fool you, this is a serious workout and you will feel like a doof somedays when you can not do things like they do, but we just kept moving and it all fell into place in no time at all. If you need any help, suggestions you can go to beachbody.com or send me a message. I am NOT a coach, so I can only help you from personal experience. Good luck and congratulations on taking the first step to a new future and a new you.

So, diet choice wise, what did you do?
    Eat clean, just keep your calories in check?
    I am so curious cause diet is sooo where I struggle.
    I can work out insane but and have deccent food choices and nothin.... HA!
  • hiddensecant
    Options

The scale doesn't move too much for me but as you can tell from the photos, the inches move fast. The first and second photo is 30 days apart, though the last photo was only taken 15 days later (my comfort photo for having gained a pound that week).

Don't be afraid to gain.
  • kariadams
    Options

So, diet choice wise, what did you do?
    Eat clean, just keep your calories in check?
    I am so curious cause diet is sooo where I struggle.
    I can work out insane but and have deccent food choices and nothin.... HA!

I worked out following the program, but ditched the menu. I use this site to track the amount of calories I consume in one day. It says I need to consume 1200 calories a day (with out exercising) and what ever exercise I do only adds to the number of calories I can consume in one day. So for example today: I did Plyo but only 33min because I have a difficult time with all the jumps (babies and bladder ect) that gave me around 1700 calories that I can consume for today, but I will probally only eat about 1500-1600. Eating back all your calories is not a good idea, see other posts on this (Tam Tastic is an expert on this. I read her post about it yesterday.) Anyway, I eat lots of protine, low carb and low fat meals. Sometimes this is a give and take, because there are not many choices that are low carb and low fat. I also try to keep in mind the amount of calories I consume in one meal. More than 4-500 caloires is too much. I try to keep it around 4-450 for dinner. I usually eat a GNC wheybolic extreme 60 protine shake for breakfast 30min after my workouts and then on really busy days I will eat a Detour Lean Muscle protine bar for lunch. Keep in mind the protine bars have 33g of carbs, so like I said low carb, low fat can be hard to achieve sometimes. I also talk to my sister to help me out sometimes when food is becoming a challenge. She had weight loss surgery last Nov and she can only eat low carb, low sugar foods so she helps me out when I have troubles along with www.recipezarr.com and others. This is how I did it, everyone is different and trial and error is what has taught me the most about my body. If you need more let me know. I will do my best to give you the most information I can.
  • roccopico
    Options
    I followed the menu guide but it did say I needed to consume 3000 calories a day, which I don't think I can even do when I am eating properly. I used the portion guide, such and such number of protein a day etc, but I have put it into my calorie deal on this site and it seems to be working. I have upped my protein and lowered my sugar and carb intake like the program told me to, but I have not been consuming the amount of calories it recommends. My body will tell me if I'm not eating enough and i will grab some extra protein to boost myself up.
  • kariadams
    Options
    I followed the menu guide but it did say I needed to consume 3000 calories a day, which I don't think I can even do when I am eating properly. I used the portion guide, such and such number of protein a day etc, but I have put it into my calorie deal on this site and it seems to be working. I have upped my protein and lowered my sugar and carb intake like the program told me to, but I have not been consuming the amount of calories it recommends. My body will tell me if I'm not eating enough and i will grab some extra protein to boost myself up.

Sounds like you have this down to a tee!!! It is not as easy for me to grasp the different portion stuff like what you are doing so I want to congradulate you on your success. If I have trouble maintaining then I will have to get ahold of you to teach me how to do that.
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I followed the menu guide but it did say I needed to consume 3000 calories a day, which I don't think I can even do when I am eating properly ...

When you're trying to lose weight, you're supposed to do the calculations based on your goal weight, not your current weight.
  • roccopico
    Options
    oh well that makes much more sense. so I am right on track ....woo hooo:happy:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options

P90X was not designed as a weight loss program, so there is no calorie deficit built into the program. Women normally need to consume about 1800 calories to lose weight while doing P90X. 3000 is way too high.
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I followed the menu guide but it did say I needed to consume 3000 calories a day, which I don't think I can even do when I am eating properly ...

When you're trying to lose weight, you're supposed to do the calculations based on your goal weight, not your current weight.

Could you expand a bit more on that?
  • FluffnStuff
    Options

P90X was not designed as a weight loss program, so there is no calorie deficit built into the program. Women normally need to consume about 1800 calories to lose weight while doing P90X. 3000 is way too high.

I agree, there should be a section in the food guide all about this.
  • hiddensecant
    Options

Could you expand a bit more on that?

There's a formula that they give you to determine how much you should eat while doing the program. Men might want to use their current weight so they can gain muscle mass or replace their current mass with muscle. Women, on the other hand, would use their goal weight which often comes to an 1800-calorie-diet.

There's also a form on teambeachbody that you can fill out and it will give you a more individualized calorie intake based on the information you give them.