p90x- anyine know what the calories burned are?

Options
I've been doing p90 x for a lot of my exercise but do not know what to out down as calories burned. Right now I am using the circuit training option. For instance on the shoulders and arm routine I do the entire thing and put down 23 minutes of circuit training. On the breaks, I mostly jog in place to keep the heart rate up.

Replies

• ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Since the intensity will vary greatly., the best way to get an accurate count is to get a heart rate monitor.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've ben doing p90x for 2 months now and I can't tell how much the heart rate monitor has helped. I would invest in one. I burn anywhere form 350-700 calories depending on the video.
  • hokirayo
    hokirayo Posts: 36
    Options
    calories burned is pretty individualized info (based on weight, age, etc.) a heart rate monitor is what you need to measure calories burned.
  • asbestostongue
    Options
    You really need a heart rate monitor. Me and two friends (who are very close in size) have been doing P90X and burn calories differently. The only way I know of to know calories burned is with a heart rate monitor. Maybe someone else will have another idea.
  • Vealchop1
    Options
    So can the heart rate monitors they have now be programmed to tell you how many calories burned?