Fat is contagious?!!

Options
Ahmee2034
Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
Anyone see "The Doctors" episode yesterday? It was about the top ten contagious things. Guess what was number 1? Being/getting FAT! Yep. They said that being fat is contagious. You hang out with fat people, you get fat. You hang out with skinny people, you get skinny.

If you think about the concept, I guess its true. I've been hangin' with you guys and gals and I'm losing weight! You are all contagious! Thank you for your infectious support! Birds of a feather... :drinker:

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    makes sense because you tend to match your portion sizes to the people you eat with. That's why so many women put on weight after they get married- they start eating to match their husband.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! I can definitely recognize that pattern! I am so thankful to my fiance for encouraging me to get my butt in shape! :bigsmile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I didn't see that, but I heard them say that before. And personally, I'm offended. They didn't take into account other factors - like with the example of the married couple. It might not be because the wife is subconsciously matching portions, it might be because she didn't sit down and eat as much before getting married and now she has sit down meals with all the food groups.

And if I hang out with an anorexic/bulemic, am I gonna start bingeing and purging? I think not.

Like people tend to find each other, so if you're overweight, and you like to eat, you hang out with people who like to eat and don't want to feel guilty about what you're eating, so usually those people are overweight.

Like I said, that claim just made me mad!!!
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Didn't post to offend anyone...Just sharing...
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

Oh geez YOU didn't offend me!!! Just them saying that was offensive, not you, sweetie!! Sorry!! Didnt' mean to convey that!

I just imagine all these already miserable fat people now shunned by their "skinny" friends because the airheads think the fat will jump to their body or something... sheesh.
  • Ahmee2034
    Options

Oh geez YOU didn't offend me!!! Just them saying that was offensive, not you, sweetie!! Sorry!! Didnt' mean to convey that!

I just imagine all these already miserable fat people now shunned by their "skinny" friends because the airheads think the fat will jump to their body or something... sheesh.

:noway: Didn't think of that! Well, I guess if that's what they think, we need to find truer friends...:huh: