Weight Training at Home

Options
Can anyone recommend a good weight/strength training program that can be done at home with great results. I don't have any machines, dumbells and resistance bands only. I'm also not a member of any gym. Thanks.

Replies

• ieva015
    ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Look uop Joe Weider, even though he focuses mostly on body building, his routines are wonderful, and you do not have to use them in attempts to bulk. One of his older books, not sure which one, actually shows most of the upper body exercises using either dumbbells or barbells.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    These are both great sites for all types of exercises w/bodyweight, dumbbells or more....Hope this helps! )

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/02/15/how-to-build-your-own-workout-routine/
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend ChaLEAN Extreme. 2 years ago I lost 42 pounds using this program and a low carb diet.

www.chaleanextreme.com
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend ChaLEAN Extreme. 2 years ago I lost 42 pounds using this program and a low carb diet.

www.chaleanextreme.com

If you don't mind spending the money, I have second the recommendation for ChaLEAN Extreme. My wife actually bought it and I decided to do it with her, not really expecting anything fantastic. I was pleasantly surprised and think it's a great program, On days when I don't have anything else planned, I still pop in one of these disks on occasion for either weight training or circuit training.

I know it's $90 (unless you can find a cheaper one on Ebay), but the basic program takes you through 3 months, and then they tell you how to mix it up to get at least another month (or at most a lifelong lifting program) out of it. Normally I'm all about free exercise options, but I feel this program is worth the money.
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What about going to a local rec centre and have an a consult? They could set you up with an 'at-home' routine. They're usually pretty reasonable with their fees. Or try a personal trainer for the same thing. Both could show you how to perform the exercises correctly. You can go back in a month or two to check that you're still performing the exercises properly or modify the workout to possibly advance.

There are a lot of newer style classes that have the addition of weights. Some of the pilates classes I've been to lately are great. Yes they are a bit more $, but some offer punch passes too, which gives a reduced rate and you can attend at your convenience.
  • parteegirl01
    Options
    I've done power 90 before (not p90x) and had some results. I just started chalean exteme, and am sore in places I've never been sore. It's awesome. It's not especially long, and it comes with a basics dvd that teaches you how to execute each move. It's very easy to follow. And while you're doinf it, it doesn't seem boring, or like it's takinf forever. I highly reccomend it. :-D
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I'm doing a beginners body weight workout from nerdfitness.com to build up my strength then hoping to move onto getting some dumbbells or something like p90x.
    I have a resistance band as well that I use a lot - I have a dvd - 10 minute solutions tone trouble zones which is a resistance band workout.