27 father of 2 girls

Options
I am a 27 year old motorcycle riding, weekend working, father of two gorgeous daughters. I got a desk job about 2 years ago and put on around 120 pounds since then. I have always been big and don't ever plan or want to be skinny, I want to be skinnier and really just want to be healthier. My daughters and 2 years old and 1 month old and I plan on seeing them graduate college and get married and I hope to live to retire and watch my grandchildren while they are working. Reality set in when my blood pressure had me feeling sick every day, I have been on MFP for 25 straight days now and work out 5-6 days a week for 2 hours a day. I checked my BP the other day and it was almost at normal levels already. The good thing is I eat constantly. I can have lots of foods that I really like I just have less of them at a time. I eat yogurt for breakfast, or egg beaters. I eat Clif Bars at least 2 times a day, I have plenty of beef jerky, and while being honest I have had pizza more than I should have but I stay in my calorie count. I also eat fruit and vegies way more than I did in the past. I try to eat a can of green beans or peas or carrots before or during every lunch and dinner, really filling and a great way to spend under 100 calories. Overall I just wanted to say here I am my names Jon and I am ready for a change. Also I lost about 5 pounds before I discovered this site and another 18 since joining. I know that 18 pounds in 25 days is alot, and it won't last but it feels good to see some progress. My start weight is 377 pounds, and my goal is 225. I originally said 250 but changed that to 225.

Replies

• munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome Jon! Ive been on here for a year but quit using when the progress i made suddenly vanished :( So here I am starting over and we have similar goals! Ive got 1 daughter age 4 and cant have any more most likely because of my weight. Congrats on seeing the changed already and i wish you the best of luck in meeting your goal!