Some tips for burning calories at home?

Hi there, I´m thinking about exercising at home without any equipments. Do you have any ideas how i could burn calories at home? As it is raining outside and can´ t go to gym because of my budget. I know I can burn some from cleaning, but i live in very tiny flat so it does not working. I though of dancing because it could be fun. Do you have some inspirational music, videos or fun tips?

Replies

• apena_06
    apena_06 Posts: 50
    Alot of people swear by the Jillian Michaels DVDs. I hear they are pretty cheap on Amazon too. Good luck!
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 453 Member
    Exercise DVDs. You can get a full cardio and strength training workout in the privacy of your own home.

Check out www.collagevideo.com to preview a variety of videos to see what you may like. They have video clips.

I'm a fan of Cathe Friedrich's videos.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    1. Use the walls of your apartment and existing furniture to do incline/decline pushups.

2. Burpees.

3. Squats and lunges.

4. Jumping jacks.

5. Planks.
  • Jackie Warner or the Firm DVD are a good way to go. I am a stay at home Mom and workout during naptime. A solid 30-40 mins has kept me toned and energized.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 338 Member
    I use my local library to order fitness DVDs (they can get them from any other library in their network) and renew them until I'm not allowed anymore (FOR FREE!!!). I've created a list that I want to try. My favorites are Jillian Michaels Blast Fat Boost Metabolism and Cardio Kickbox. Great burn and no equipment. And I didn't have to buy the DVD!!
  • spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    I use my stairs, and run up and down them like a crazy, frantic women who can't remember what she was looking for :). But mainly, I go on fast walks around my neighborhood. DVDs are great too for hot or rainy days. Try to change it up a bit so you don't get bored.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    I have a pedometer that I wear all day and it keeps track of my steps and tells me how many calories I burn. I run up and down stairs constantly doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc., so a lot of times I can burn around 200 calories in a day.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Jillian Michaels DVDs, for the win!
  • aykaa
    aykaa Posts: 7
    I use my local library to order fitness DVDs (they can get them from any other library in their network) and renew them until I'm not allowed anymore (FOR FREE!!!). I've created a list that I want to try. My favorites are Jillian Michaels Blast Fat Boost Metabolism and Cardio Kickbox. Great burn and no equipment. And I didn't have to buy the DVD!!

This is great and money saving idea. Thank you.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Bodyrock.tv is a good site for exercise routines; check out this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/418678-bodyrock-no-equipment-workout-list-anyone-joining