Just dropping to introduce myself...

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm a new MFP member as of June 1st. I've been working on losing weight since the beginning of the year, and have lost 15 lbs overall so far. I started out doing Weight Watchers, which was nice for a while. But then my 16 week package ended and I needed to decide if I should renew it or join the gym. I opted for the gym since I had a good friend to go with and we signed up for a small group personal training class. It was awesome, and that's where I lost most of my 15 lbs over the 10 weeks of classes. Unfortunately since the class ended in April I've been kind of off the wagon. I'm still working out 3 or 4 days a week, but the intensity isn't the same when you don't have a trainer there pushing you every step of the way. And then I started eating more junk again, and I've gained back a couple of pounds in the last month or so.

So June 1st I recommitted to my healthier lifestyle! My trainer at the gym gave us a new workout to follow that I started Monday. I'm looking forward to tonight's workout because I know it's going to kick my butt! I dusted off the old HRM too so that I can get a better and more accurate picture of my calories.

I'm so glad I discovered this site! I used to use MyFoodDiary.com, but I just can't afford to use a pay site right now. I thought I needed to use a pay site because none of the free ones could compare. BOY WAS I WRONG! I'm really loving MFP, and I'm so thankful for it and for the message board. I've been browsing around on here the last couple of days and have already found so much great information and thoughtful, insightful, and caring members. You guys rock!

So thanks, and I'll be seeing around the board!

Vanessa

Replies

• annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Welcome Vanessa!!! Glad to have you here :flowerforyou:

Congrats on your weightloss, though I do find it interesting that you lost most of your weight through exercise and not so much weight watchers.

Good luck to you!!
  • roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Options
    Welcome!!:happy: I just stopped WW myself and just started doing this site a few days ago myself, I can tell already I will make progress here. Read up on the 30-Day Shred DVD. I just bought it on Sunday and only did it two days in a row, but boy I feel it is working already!!:flowerforyou:
  • jagilmore
    jagilmore Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Vanessa!

I do weight watchers! I don't pay for it though. I got the hang of it and decided to go off on my own! This site is awesome! I just figured out how to track my points on here by using the food tracker. I just changed it to Calorie, fiber and fat. Now I can keep up with my points in the note box!!

Anyway, We are doing a 30 shred with Jillian Michael's (her DVD). We are on day 3 but if you are interested you can always go to our thread. It's titled June Shredders: week 1. Vans is keeping up with our numbers so you can PM her! Anyway if you add that to your workout now you'll see a big result!

Hope you have fun with this site and reach you goals!!

Jordan
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    Vanessa, I am a life time weight watcher. I also track my points along with all the other numbers.
  • vanessa915
    vanessa915 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've done Weight Watchers on and off for years. Sometimes I do meetings and sometimes I do it on my own. I didn't leave the program because I didn't like it or because it wasn't working, I just had to make a financial decision about which would do me the most good in the long run. Mostly I did WW again this time to get all of the new "Momentum" plan materials.

Joining the gym was definitely the most bang for my buck (so to speak) since I can do WW on my own. I still have a tendancy to think of things in terms of points. And I did have success with WW in general, but portion control will only get you so far, you know? It wasn't until I really added in the exercise that I started seeing better results.

I like thinking in terms of calories now because I think it's a little more precise than points. That helps me when I'm trying to figure out how many calories I should eat back from working out, etc. I just like to change it up once in a while. :happy:

Vanessa
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    What is Jillian Michael's 30 shred DVD? I started in April fell off the wagon and started up again yesterday. I'm trying to get to 115 again like I was 2 years ago.Right now I'm 132 AAAHHH. My husband says I'm depressed. I just don't feel comfortable at this weight. I'm 4'10" so any weight gain shows up quickly. The gym was put on the back burner for 2wks since i was working a lot. Making time for everything isn't easy especially with almost 4 teenagers. Thanks for listening everyone
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: