From "Morbidly Obese" to "Healthy" BMI -- PICS!

Options
MeganSWoods
MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
When I started this journey, I was over 300 lbs (305, to be exact) on a 5'10" frame-- this put me at a BMI of 43.8 and in the "Morbidly Obese" category.

***Let me say, I realize that BMI is not everything, that it is not necessarily the best measurement for a tall person, and that it does not account for muscle mass. However, when I began looking for what my "goal" would be, it gave me somewhere to start.***

I set my original goal weight at the top of the "Healthy" category (174), but as I began to lose weight, I decided to change it to 165 to give me a little cushion.

Today, I weighed in at 174.2 lbs, which puts my BMI at 25.0 and means I am officially in the "Healthy" category, at my original goal weight (that once felt so abstract and impossible to me), and only 9 lbs away from my ULTIMATE goal weight!

Before4.jpg
SmallSweater-1.jpg

Replies

• OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome! I can't wait till I can post pictures in this thread. You're doing great!!!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Great work...you look fab!! :-))
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous and I am SOOOOOOOO proud of you!
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wow ! What great work.
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    So proud of you!! You look incredible. Keep up the great work
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful before, and you are beautiful now! But now, you are a much healthier person :D Well done! You are truly an inspiration :)
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! Awesome job! (:
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Super inspiring. You are so lovely! Congratulations!
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    You're awesome!
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    amazing results!!! You're so much healthier b/c of it!! That's the most important part!!! Keep at it and then keep maintaining! :)
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    you look so much happier :-)
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Way to go!!! You should be SO proud of yourself!
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making it to your healthy zone! When you said this, " my original goal weight (that once felt so abstract and impossible to me)", it really helped me put my goal into perspective-to make it seem attainable. I'm about 5' 9.5" and my goal weight is 170. That number still seems so far away, but after reading about your journey and accomplishments, I feel more confident that I can reach it.
    Thank you and, again, congratulations! You look fantastic.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Hi you look awesome. Lots of hard work there.

Do you mind if I ask how many calories you are eating now? are you at maintenance? I know you are a little taller than I but just curious.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great progress. You look so much healthier... Recommend taking a full body pic for the after shot. I think the difference would be even more dramatic. Super job though.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! That smile on your face says it all!! Great job and good luck reaching your ultimate goal!!
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow! You totally look like a different person! I am so amazed at before and after pics. Great job! Congrats on making it to your original goal and a healthy BMI. Can't wait to get there myself. You are truly an inspiration!
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you killed it. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!