What does starvation mode and Easter Bunny have in common?

Options
13»

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

When someone NETS 1200 calories a day, eating back their exercise calories and does not lose weight on the scale, the answer is "you need to eat more" you MUST eat your TDEE!!! I know it works!!!

Wel, if you are eating back your TDEE you had better not be losing weight or else see a Dr quickly for other metabolic matters.. TDEE by definition, is what you are really using every day. If you eat that back and are still losing, there is an issue or a miscalculation of your TDEE.

I think she means BMR?
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Shes alright in my book.

When someone NETS 1200 calories a day, eating back their exercise calories and does not lose weight on the scale, the answer is "you need to eat more" you MUST eat your TDEE!!! I know it works!!!

Wel, if you are eating back your TDEE you had better not be losing weight or else see a Dr quickly for other metabolic matters.. TDEE by definition, is what you are really using every day. If you eat that back and are still losing, there is an issue or a miscalculation of your TDEE.

I think she means BMR?
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If there is a riot i'm gonna blame the girl sitting on the steps
    Haha thanks for the humorous joke! It's unfortunate that people are about to start a riot over it.

I don't know if starvation mode is real or not, but the reason that people get so offended when you say it's not is because they use it as an excuse to eat more.

I regret saying that for most folks on MFP. I DO question why 15% or so suggest more calolries and less exercise.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Shes alright in my book.

I think she means BMR?

Either or, I feel as full as a piglet right now and hope I have a chance to burn them off. No gym, Starvationists, what?? I am hardly starving at less than 1300 today
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks for the humorous joke! It's unfortunate that people are about to start a riot over it.

I don't know if starvation mode is real or not, but the reason that people get so offended when you say it's not is because they use it as an excuse to eat more.

Yup - all those people eating higher calories are gaining weight - its a huge conspiracy!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    They are both imaginary.

and I believe the earth is flat.

There is a wealth of research (real research not broscience) that has proven that VLCDs result in a significant loss of lean muscle mass which in turn reduces the dieters BMR, it's not rocket science but it does require the ability to read.

I'm gonna guess the size of your right bicep is not the result of doing a lot of curls.

This.....and LOL
  • watboy
    Options
    This sounds like a job for The Mystery Gang.

Yup - all those people eating higher calories are gaining weight - its a huge conspiracy!!
  • watboy
    Options
    Hey! I thought everything was bigger in Texas! You're tiny!
    Let's see...Starvation mode...leads to seeing things that are there which includes the Easter Bunny.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

oh and another for the mystery gang - how come most of the "help, I've stopped losing" plateau posts come from the people with aggressive deficits , and hardly ever from the people with sensible deficits??

It's a mystery alright.

Maybe Tom knows the answer - http://www.burnthefat.com/metabolic_damage.html
  • watboy
    Options
    Scoooobie snack!

oh and another for the mystery gang - how come most of the "help, I've stopped losing" plateau posts come from the people with aggressive deficits , and hardly ever from the people with sensible deficits??

It's a mystery alright.

Maybe Tom knows the answer - http://www.burnthefat.com/metabolic_damage.html
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    *snip*

Why would ANYONE tell EVERYONE they should eat more and do less cardio on a weight loss site? Not an aneorexic site, a healthy weight loss site.

Eat more and exercise less?? That's the answer all this time? And here I thought healthy diet and a well rounded exercise program is what made me fat...
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Why would ANYONE tell EVERYONE they should eat more and do less cardio on a weight loss site? Not an aneorexic site, a healthy weight loss site.

Maybe folks on the internet do not have your best interests at heart. Maybe they do. Do what works for YOU, and do not be bullied into someting else.

First of all, MFP is NOT a weight loss site. It's a FITNESS site, hence the name MyFITNESSPal, not MyWeightlossPal. Granted, many on this site are looking to lose weight, but MFP is not exclusively for that purpose.

I don't believe anyone is being "bullied" into doing anything. They are just being provided with information. If you look around enough, you'll see quite a few people who were doing VLCD and something just "clicked" with them when they came across what many would say is illogical. It worked for them. Of course, these same individuals may have been more open-minded and receptive to new information. It's not rocket science, for pity's sake. Sometimes if you read something often enough, the scales fall from your eyes and you see things in a new light. Try it sometime.
  • watboy
    Options
    Also hop like a bunny but not to much because you get fat. You can use a calculator to find out your TEEHEE
    *snip*

Eat more and exercise less?? That's the answer all this time? And here I thought healthy diet and a well rounded exercise program is what made me fat...
  • watboy
    Options
    TEEHEE. Get it? *crickets*
    Also hop like a bunny but not to much because you get fat. You can use a calculator to find out your TEEHEE
    *snip*