Whey protein

Options
Can anyone recommend a whey protein spowder shake that doesn't taste rancid...lol Im not sure if it's better just to eat yummy tasting low cal protein or plug my nose and drink protein shake. This is for after workouts. Thanks!!

Replies

• AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Where are you from? America? Canada? Is cost effectiveness a must?
  • amarr24
    amarr24 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use Eas Whey Protein in vanilla after my workouts. It tastes like a vanilla ice cream shake when I add ice, just of course much less sweet. Personally I don't have a problem with it so maybe you would like it too. They also have a chocolate flavor, which I haven't tried but should be great too. Only 130 calories! :) ***EAS Vanilla or Chocolate 100% Whey Protein Powder 2-lb -- US Dollars $19.99 at Target***
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use MRM, chocolate and vanilla. Low macros and nothing artificial added. The cost is average to other whey.
  • LoveyEstelle
    Options
    I use Eas Whey Protein in vanilla after my workouts. It tastes like a vanilla ice cream shake when I add ice, just of course much less sweet. Personally I don't have a problem with it so maybe you would like it too. They also have a chocolate flavor, which I haven't tried but should be great too. Only 130 calories! :) ***EAS Vanilla or Chocolate 100% Whey Protein Powder 2-lb -- US Dollars $19.99 at Target***

I have used both of ^^ these brands among others and they are definitely the best tasting ones. I have an issue with lingering after taste from artificial sweeteners so I have switched to an all natural, organic, vegan brand, RAW Protein from Garden of Life. It is definitely chalky but I just add it to 6oz of water in my Magic bullet and down it. I use it up to 5 times a day (depending on what other sources I am eating) and it does not leave an after taste and I now (it took a few tries) prefer it over the other stuff!
  • ceaton80
    ceaton80 Posts: 37
    Options
    ON gold standard vanilla ice cream is yummy with frozen strawberries & bananas blended up. Its a good quality protein.
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I mix Body by Vi shake and EAS whey protein.
    I also invested in an electric mixer that comes apart and fits in my lunch bag.. I cannot tolerate a chunky shake (barfff!)
    Each shake is 33g of protein which is very good. I drink 2 a day. The vi shake is vanilla and the whey is chocolate. I use the lowest fat skim milk i can find. Tastes amazing but it is not cheap!

D
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I really like the Dymatize ISO 100 Gourmet Vanilla and Cookies n' cream.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Spiru-tein!!! The vanilla tastes like cake batter. With skim milk, it is only 170 calories and is so filling. I usually add maybe a teaspoon of chocolate Nesquick to boost the flavor. DEFINITIELY RECOMMEND!
  • tzaccario
    tzaccario Posts: 53
    Options
    ON Gold standard extreme milk chocolate and AMP Whey Extreme 60 chocolate are both delicious on their own with water, with skim milk, or with fruits. I personally always buy chocolate bc vanilla always tastes to much like a chemical shake
  • dancngdolfn
    dancngdolfn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I use the leanfit whey protein (vanilla) from costco. When i make my shake i use almond milk with a scoop of protein powder then i blend it with frozen fruit that has no sugar. It's great. :)
  • ginamaria724
    Options

This is the protein powder I use and I love it. It doesn't even taste like a protein shake in my opinion, I'd drink this stuff twice a day if I needed it, but I only need one scoop a day. I haven't tried the chocolate yet though o:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a whey protein spowder shake that doesn't taste rancid...lol Im not sure if it's better just to eat yummy tasting low cal protein or plug my nose and drink protein shake. This is for after workouts. Thanks!!
    If you get enough protein from your diet, protein powder is a waste of money. Also, the recovery window after working out is 24 hours, you don't need to force down a protein shake immediately after working out, unless you enjoy it. Much more important to worry about overall calorie intake.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Here, I answered a question a question about Whey Powder before, I'll just paste my answer:

_____

I haven't had too much experience with Protein Powders, as i've only tried two brands, but so far I like using Optimum Gold Standard Whey,

http:// www .bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey. html

I bought 4 flavours: Delicious Strawberry, Mocha, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Cream. Flavour wise? I'd rate it as:

Banana: 10/10, excellent flavour, mixes superbly, no after taste.
    Mocha: 8.8/10, Mixes good too, taste is good especially with milk.
    Strawberry: 1/10, Mixes fine, but NASTY, whether or not I got a bad batch or it's just the horrific flavour it is - didn't like it's smell, or during/after taste. I did mix that with Milk as well.
    Chocolate Peanut Butter: 8/10, First time I didn't like the flavour (also with milk 1%), but second time I did. I suppose it's recommended to shake well before use, maybe for even flavour/sufficient distribution.

I also tried a locally store bought brand of "MuscleTech" I chose the Decadent Chocolate and a Vanilla Creme one. Chocolate was good, Vanilla .. not so much.

I bought 2lb tubs of each of those flavours, and am more than 3/4 down on Mocha, about more than 3/4 on PB, about same as Banana and Strawberry I won't touch until I *Have* to.

I have found some gains using them too, I was staggered at the same weight/muscle building for the longest times, reps never getting better, sets same - but have progressed and up'ed the weight in weeks, each week - especially bench, but I could also attribute that to fine tuning weaker muscles that were holding me back in sets (ergo - Triceps).

Just my two cents. I know if you buy from bb.com sometimes if you checkout the "Workout Equipment" Forum sections, there are BB,com Discount codes you can apply to orders. I used one for my purchase.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I get mine from Hammer nutrition www.hammernutrition.com Their quality control is high. I am also not too fond of the proteins with all kinds of taste ... chemistry added.

More recently I am using goat milk protein (Caprotein)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Are you sure the milk that you mixed it with wasn't rancid?
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I dont know what protein you have tried but I have not come across one I didn't like. Ive even had a protein in lemonade flavor.
  • minoo919
    minoo919 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, Mke sure you use a Diet Whet specially for weight loss - I use PhD Diet Whey, and it actually taste alright! they do great bars too - like getting my chocolate fix without the guilt!! :-)