100 Calorie Snack Packs?

2»

Replies

• Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    As long as you have them in moderation , I haven't purchase them in a while but they are good when you are craving something sweet. But they are not meal replacement .
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Yes, eat them once in a while and they're fine. Don't worry about some people's alarmism in here. They fear food because it will rot out their insides.

Also, thanks for reminding me. I forgot I had a box of the yogurt pretzels in my cupboard. Eating one tonight along with my B&Js ice cream.
  • I'll tell you what they are.... a waste of money. You'll be so much better off buying the items and pre portioning them yourself. You'll get so much more. :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    well, why not make a delicious trail mix for yourself with (roasted but unsalted) nuts, raisins and other goodies? Unless you have a sweet tooth for said 100 calories items, you're better off just making a nice snack for yourself. You get to eat more, and healthier and in alot of cases, cheaper :)
  • julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Years ago, I would buy them, but they're just processed junk in a smaller package. Since I discovered I am gluten intolerant over a year ago, I do not buy them since they all have wheat in them.
  • 1 oreo = 50 kcals.
    1 oreo "snack pack" = 100 kcals.

I'd rather just eat 2 real oreos if that's what I'm craving.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    i agree with the idea of buying the big boxes and pre-portioning them yourself but also make sure you compare nutrition labels. There are a select few of these items that do actually have a slightly different recipe (though that is generally posted on the box somewhere obvious). Kind of like reduced fat cheez-its. Just make sure you read how many calories in a serving and all that!!