What is your weigh in routine?

Options
I weigh in on Sunday mornings as soon as I get up but after I've been to the loo and before eating brekers. This week I'm having today as a rest day just to test as to whether or not it make a difference to weight lost. Been all antsy today to get up and do exercise though so don't think I can do this every week ...

What do you do the day of your weigh in? Or the day before? Do you do anything different?

Replies

• yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    I weigh in everyday in the morning, its a horrible habit, I need to divorce my scales.
  • mznuluv
    mznuluv Posts: 8
    Options
    Every 30 days for me, I don't want the scale to determine my overall mood by weighing too often, I've tried many weigh in routines and this works the best for me.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in daily. I'm trying to move it to weekly, on Wednesday, with limited success. First thing, before I shower.
  • Serenity64
    Options
    Feed the cats, use the toilet, weight in, shower, breakfast. I'm trying to get to once-a-week weigh ins, but it's hard, probably because it's such a routine.
  • ourmamros
    ourmamros Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh once a week and as I started to diet on !st March which was a Wednesday that is when i should weigh. howver that is a work day and i usually forget so weigh on a weekend.
    I also weigh first thing after loo before breakfast. I sometimes weigh more often if I feel I have lost or gained weight weirdly I am not allways right! I do know the longer you leave it the more likely you are to have a loss!
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday morning, after loo but before anything else and nekkid.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but the only one that counts for me is the Sunday morning one. Does anyone take a rest day the day before weigh in? Or eat less carbs the day before?
  • RichardB53
    RichardB53 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My problem with daily weigh-ins is that my weight varies by anything up to 3-4 lb a day (I assume it's 'work in progress'). It's only weekly that I can see any consistent trend in my weight. Daily weigh-ins can leave me either elated or depressed, so I don't. Weekly is enough to monitor progress.

When I was working 9-5, I used to get up, get rid of as much extra weight as I could (use the loo, shave, cut toenails etc), weigh, dress and have breakfast. Now I am working shifts I find that my (er) habits are far less regular, so a weekly check is far more reliable.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, and unusually, it is in the evening, before dinner and after my post cycling shower. I have a little routine. Get back from cycling, shower, get dinner ready, check weight, eat.
    It works best for me as I tend not to go to the bathroom when I get up, until after I have had a drink.
    I check daily for personal sense of security and also to monitor what is happening as I am trying to maintain now.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after using the bathroom. Sometimes I even weigh during the afternoon. I don't think it's a bad habit. It's just my own way of staying on track.
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Every friday morning. I only weigh in once a week just to see where i am at, not really worried about the scale, i just want something to base my up coming week of caloric intake.
  • CandyAppleCockers
    CandyAppleCockers Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I hit the washroom. Having gone low carb, I personally don't have the multi pound fluctuations unless I cheat. If it fluctuates, I don't care as long as overall it's trending down. It's been motivational to check in that often. In past weighing once a week, potentially I as weighing during a fluctuation upwards, that was demotivating.
  • FranWins
    FranWins Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually Saturday/Sunday, in the morning/afternoon (whenever I wake up )and after eliminating waste but before eating or showering.
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily 530am when I get up for work. Saturday is true weigh in day that is the weight I use to log here on MFP. I would like to get away from weighing in daily but is such a habit. I can fluctuate 2-3lbs daily which can be very depressing.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a Monday before I do my laps. I don't have a scale at home.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Go to scale, tap scale with foot to activate, step on scale, hold breath, look down, then say "Yahooo!!!" I do this every morning.
  • kimjean
    kimjean Posts: 9
    Options
    Weekly; Tuesday mornings before shower and coffee.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday mornings, birthday suit. No strenuous exercise the day before and any workout which is usually cardio is in the morning. Drink lots of water the day before and very conscious of sodium intake especially the day before. I rarely have any bumps, mostly just 1 or 2 pound losses each week. Occasionally a no loss week here or there. This seems to give me accurate results with little fluid retention in my muscles. Works like a charm!!
  • amalthea23
    amalthea23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh in most days after a shower, before I get dressed, but I don't freak out if I miss a day.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday before I eat and after I use the bathroom. If your intestines are full then it gives you an inaccurate reading,