HAS ANYONE TRIED SLIM QUICK? DOES IT WORK?

daisy0107
daisy0107 Posts: 18
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have just bought the Slim Quick packets. Has anyone else tried it? Does it work?

Thanx:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Marinewife1125
    Marinewife1125 Posts: 12 Member
    Hey Daisy, I have tried it, and I am using it now. It works for me very well. I love it. I don't think I would have lost this first 10 pounds without it. Every person is different, but I think that you should give it a try.

~Julia
    10 pounds lost, 93 to go....:heart:
  • cdh1234
    cdh1234 Posts: 5 Member
    I have been taking the pills. I dont know if they really make me less hungry, but they make me less irritated about not being able to eat a cheeseburger.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    :flowerforyou: I took the pills last summer, and they seemed to work!
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    I tried it a while ago and actually ended up giving it a not so great review.

With the box that I bought, it also came with a pamphlet that said that the pills had to be taken in conjunction with an exercise program and a diet plan (and gave samples of each plan). Even then, I thought that if you lose weight while dieting and eating right and exercising regularly, who's to say that the slimquick really did anything. I finished the bottle without making any changes to my diet or exercise and didn't really notice any difference or changes (and didn't lose anything either) so I can't really attribute whether it really did anything for me or not.

Now I'm not using anything and just dieting and exercising alone and losing, so I'm not sure if it actually contributes to weight-loss at all. I don't remember it curbing my appetite or cravings either. But that's just my experience with it...I was already skeptical about it from the beginning so my results could have been affected by my attitude and thoughts towards it. Or it could not have had any results at all. *shrugs* I'm still leaning towards the placebo effect...if you really believe it will work it will (especially if you're dieting and exercising properly).

To really be able to tell if it actually works, proper experimental trials need to be done with it in the way that one group (not just one PERSON as each individual could be different) should take it alone with NO changes in exercise or diet and another group should take it while participating in a controlled diet and exercise and another two groups should take a placebo while believing it's the real thing and half not diet or exercise and the other half actually diet and exercise. The experiment should include different ranges of target groups, men, women, older, younger, etc. to control for any other factors that may affect weight-loss.

Sorry....that may be all the labs and experiments we had to do in my psych program that's causing me not to really believe that the pill alone will really do anything. SlimQuick and other pills that say they will help you do this and that should be taken very cautiously. Especially if it suggests dieting and exercise - since you really can't attribute to how exactly you're losing weight if you've got multiple factors...just my opinion?
This discussion has been closed.