egg salad sandwhich

Options
2»

Replies

• litljoy2001
    Options
    You could scramble your eggs instead of making egg salad; it tastes pretty dang good in a sandwich.

Plain Greek yogurt might make a good substitute for mayonnaise.

Also, mustard makes EVERYTHING better.
  • litljoy2001
    Options
    You could scramble your eggs instead of making egg salad; it tastes pretty dang good in a sandwich.

Plain Greek yogurt might make a good substitute for mayonnaise.

Also, mustard makes EVERYTHING better.
    ya im trying to use the eggs we died for easter so I cant scramble them
  • litljoy2001
    Options
    I made egg salad w an avocado instead of mayo for lunch today. About 1/4 of an avocado w a boiled egg, I threw in some onion, celery, and romaine lettuce plus a dash of pepper on a wheat tortilla. It was delicious!
    wow avocado sounds really good
  • litljoy2001
    Options
    You can try this one.
    Ingredients:
    -2 boiled eggs
    - low fat ranch
    - one can of tuna
    - 2 pieces of whole wheat bread
    -lettuce
    -vinegar (optional)

Procedures:
    1. boil the eggs and smash them, mix with a tablespoon of low fat ranch, and tuna.
    2. put a bit of vinegar.
    3. get your whole wheat bread, put the mixture and some lettuce.
    4. whoala, magic. taste great.

I hope it helps.
    Thanks that does sound good
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 green yogurt. If it is too thick, I use a little pickle juice to thin it out. I also put pickle relish and a tiny bit of mustard in mine.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    Add a dash of liquid smoke. It really changes up the normal egg salad and is very tasty.
  • doinitforme2012
    doinitforme2012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i use just mustard. mustard egg and a little relish.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Google mayo free egg salad. Tons of recipes. It looks like some use yogurt,but there were others that used ricotta,or a ricotta/yogurt blend. Best of luck to you,and Happy Easter!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I use Vegenaise

me too.....I also substitute the eggs with tofu, but it tastes just like the egg salad sandwiches I used to eat.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Most of my favorites have already been suggested... mustard and avocados. I also like using pesto. A bit of cayenne pepper also adds some nice flavor. (Some studies have indicated that spicier foods can help reduce hunger.)

Also, if you're going to make a sandwich, try slicing the eggs thinly instead of making egg salad. Then you don't need a condiment, but you could add sliced tomatoes, lettuce or raw spinach, avocado or mustard again, and I liked the hummus idea. Or if it fits into your plans, cheese.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I didn't make egg salad, but I did just make deviled eggs with 8 hard boiled eggs, 2 TBSP of Fage Plain Greek yogurt, 1 TBSP sweet pickle relish, and a very generous squirt of mustard. Pretty tasty. Next time, though, I think I"ll use honey mustard instead of plain yellow mustard, just to cut the tartness of the yogurt a little