Cooking and Cleaning WOW!

Options
I just did more than 2 hours of rushed meal preparation for Easter dinner. I gave myself 2 hours although I did more. I burned 300 calories! Sometimes I like to think of cleaning, laundry and cooking as an athletic event. I give myself a set time, like 30 minutes and run through like I am doing a race. It makes the work more fun, get done quicker and I get the exercise. Also, you burn 225 calories for an hour of vigorous cleaning.

Replies

• coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That's great. I bet your house looks just as good as you feel! :wink:
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I love that you acknowledge your efforts at home..... I always log any activity that pushes my regular routine...... the same way I always log the little bites and nibbles along the way..... they all add up :)
  • tinahelton
    tinahelton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I own a cleaning business & some days it's all I can do is get thru the cleaning. The days I don't clean are the days set aside for other activities like "walking or zumba". I know I work my butt off... now if the scale would cooperate more :) Keep it up!!!
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same thing today, cooking, cleaning, laundrey you name it getting ready for company tomorrow. It is great how many calories it burns.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I just did more than 2 hours of rushed meal preparation for Easter dinner. I gave myself 2 hours although I did more. I burned 300 calories! Sometimes I like to think of cleaning, laundry and cooking as an athletic event. I give myself a set time, like 30 minutes and run through like I am doing a race. It makes the work more fun, get done quicker and I get the exercise. Also, you burn 225 calories for an hour of vigorous cleaning.

Thats a great idea!!!
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That is really cool! GREAT idea! I'll try that.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Mentally it is better for me to think "ok cleaning this house is exercise, it will do me some good and I will love my clean tidy home as a result" instead of "Ho hum, housework is soooooooo boring" or I am SO DAMN SICK OF CLEANING THIS HOUSE! :laugh:
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do that too! It's more of a "beat the clock" for me. 15 minutes to vacuum, 15 minutes to do the dishes, etc. I'm always pleased with myself when I beat the clock :smile:
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Mentally it is better for me to think "ok cleaning this house is exercise, it will do me some good and I will love my clean tidy home as a result" instead of "Ho hum, housework is soooooooo boring" or I am SO DAMN SICK OF CLEANING THIS HOUSE! :laugh:

or, WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON LIVING IN THIS HOUSE WHO DOES NOT WANT TO LIVE IN FILTH?

That, too...