From 343 to 299.2 in 4 months! (face pics)

Options
crimsontech
crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
I started my (current, and most successful) journey on November 29th, 2011 at 343 pounds. Today, I have crossed over into the 200's for the first time in a long time, when I weighed in this morning at 299.2 pounds!

image.fetch.php?id=1214275506

I started in a size 26/28, now I'm in a loose 22/24. I have a couple of pants in 18/20 that fit now but they're a bit too tight to wear all the time. I still have a lot more to lose, but I'm absolutely thrilled with my progress so far!

I have achieved this milestone by counting and reducing my calorie intake. I flirted with low carb for a few weeks and lost about 15 pounds very quickly that I was able to keep off, but it was too difficult to keep my lifestyle that way, so I went back to calorie-counting only. I do not deny myself anything (sweets, soda, fast food) when I have a craving for it but I budget calories for it and keep it in moderation. I am also a walking freak and have recently started Couch-to-5k (first week finished). I have also hiked a great mountain trail about a third of a mile from my house (1.4 miles to the top and 75 stories on my FitBit!) but it's starting to get too warm to do that.

This journey is about making choices every minute of the day. Making the choice NOT to eat too much or making the choice to go out and exercise when you'd rather watch a movie. Your weight loss has to be more important, most of the time... or you won't succeed!

Sometimes I do decide to eat a little too much or not exercise to hang out with a friend... but if I make the choice to lose weight more often than I choose not to... the pounds come off!

We got this!

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl! Keep it up!
  • STLaferty
    STLaferty Posts: 38
    Options
    You must feel so good about your accomplishment! Good for you and keep up the good work!
  • luvlyjanny
    luvlyjanny Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    well done great loss... how did you get your pictures up on here.. ive been trying to post my progress but i cant figure it out
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I can totally tell you've lost weight, just in your jawline!

Wtg!
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    That is such great work! Keep it up!
  • 29candicanes
    29candicanes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I love your success story! Keep up the good work. You look good.
  • lynniesue42
    Options
    Great job! It is definitely noticable! I am so happy for you for reaching the 200's again, that's a wonderful milestone to have met. Let this excitement and personal proudness be your motivation to keep going! =)
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Amazing achievement in such a short time, you are looking good, keep it up and you will be below the 200's in no time. WELL DONE!!!
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    wtg
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspirational to me. You can really see the difference in your face. Congrats!
  • crimsontech
    Options
    I've been reading and watching the Success Stories forum for months now... it's so awesome to be able to post something of my own! :D
  • LadyDiaw
    LadyDiaw Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow, looking good. Keep up the great work!.
  • emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    Wow! Impressive. Keep up the good work! Good luck on your 5k ( I have decided training for one is what I am doing too, let me know how it goes!
  • tlk2sprkle
    tlk2sprkle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Looking good. You should be thrilled!
  • crimsontech
    Options
    This is a (small) before picture from summer of last year. I don't have a lot of full-length shots, so this is the best I could find.
    image.fetch.php?id=1044456558

This is where I am as of this morning, at 298.8 pounds.
    image.fetch.php?id=1123466426

It has taken me these last two months to lose 10 pounds, but I have definitely gotten smaller in that time. Even since 299, my face has gotten more narrow. The scale is a lying b**** right now. I have recently started eating more calories, thinking that 5 months of 1000-1500 daily deficit has taken its toll on my metabolism. I am going to try cycling low cal weeks with higher calorie weeks to keep my body confused. I have resumed weight training 2-3 times a week (using the Fat Burning Furnace e-book method). The weather here in Phoenix isn't kind for jogging, even at night, so I'm putting my C25k on hold until it cools down, and I've set a goal to run/jog a 5K by the first week of December. (That will be my one-year mark, so it works out well.)

I am the very example of willpower as I keep to my lifestyle changes even though I have basically been losing and re-gaining the same few pounds over and over since the beginning of April.

Always inspired by the other people making such great transformations in here!
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring, and what you said about how all the small decisions add up to create the change is so true! I have no doubt you will reach your ultimate goal.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Great start!! Keep on killing it, killer!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic! :flowerforyou:

PS: where did you get that black top on your full body picture? It looks lovely!
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I can tell the difference! Awesome job!
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    you are on a wonderful road to success! You have done amazing things and look great! Just keep on chugging and don't get lax. That's when we get in trouble. I know about THAT from experience ;). Good luck on the rest of your journey!!! I am confident you can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!