Confused about upping my calories

Options
Okay. I have read this before but I want to know what everyone else has experienced with this topic: when you up your calories a little, will it help your weight loss progression? I am currently eating about 1,200 per day but I have seen some stalling in my weight loss. I want to lose 6 pounds by the end of this month so will eating back my exercise calories help or hinder my weight loss?
Stats for all those who are curious:
5'2''
CW: 116
GW: 110
Work outs: Running 3-4 miles 2X per week
Strength Training 3X per week-40-50 minutes.
Yoga on weekends for 30 minutes.

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Okay. I have read this before but I want to know what everyone else has experienced with this topic: when you up your calories a little, will it help your weight loss progression? I am currently eating about 1,200 per day but I have seen some stalling in my weight loss. I want to lose 6 pounds by the end of this month so will eating back my exercise calories help or hinder my weight loss?
    5'2''

Start by upping your calories to 1500 a day. Maintain a protein intake of 1g of protein per lb of LBM (lean body mass). In your case I wouldn't eat less than 80g of protein a day. Do this 1500 calorie a day diet for 2-4 weeks and weigh yourself ONCE A WEEK on the same day in the morning when you w;ake up after you do your business.

Then after 2-4 weeks, re-evaluate and re-adjust.

Edit: Why are you trying to lose more weight? 5'2 @ 116 is good.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    5'2''

Start by upping your calories to 1500 a day. Maintain a protein intake of 1g of protein per lb of LBM (lean body mass). In your case I wouldn't eat less than 80g of protein a day. Do this 1500 calorie a day diet for 2-4 weeks and weigh yourself ONCE A WEEK on the same day in the morning when you w;ake up after you do your business.

Then after 2-4 weeks, re-evaluate and re-adjust.

Edit: Why are you trying to lose more weight? 5'2 @ 116 is good.

Totally Agree